Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Rodgers to Denver

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eich View Post
    Interesting misinformation campaign going on in the news. But there's enough chatter that there MUST be some kind of talks between the teams.

Would the Broncos pass on a QB in the draft otherwise?
    The timing of it felt like someone was trying to get a team to make a pick based on the Rogers info.
    Tomlinís coming back so what can you do?

Legend

User Info Menu

This is a wait and see ....

But the Packers set the stage for this by drafting that QB in the first round last year. That pissed Rodgers off and he had a chip on his shoulder all last year. An MVP chip on his shoulder.
    From the 2010-2020 season, (A 10 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks.

Dolphin fans in the 90ís who wanted to hold on to Don Shula for what he did in the playoffs in the 70ís...
    Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2020 ) holding on to Tomlin for what he did in 2008, with Cowher's players & coaches

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    This is a wait and see ....

But the Packers set the stage for this by drafting that QB in the first round last year. That pissed Rodgers off and he had a chip on his shoulder all last year. An MVP chip on his shoulder.
    meh.. Wasn’t Rodgers also drafted in the first when Favre was there?

I’ve seen multiple people on here, you included, who wanted the Steelers to trade picks to move up and draft a QB this year.

I don’t really see anyone as the enemy in this. The Packers have to look out for their future.

I think Rodgers is one of the best to ever do it in the regular season but he is 1-4 in NFC Championship games... and I believe he still hasn’t beat a team with a winning record when trailing by less than a TD into the 4th quarter.

Dude has every right to be upset but GB also has every right to continue to draft QB’s early since it has worked for them in the past.

Rodgers should blame himself for setting the blueprint on when to draft QB’s in GB
    Tomlinís coming back so what can you do?

Legend

User Info Menu

one of the national sports guys thinks a trade is still likely because now rodgers has the jeopardy angle.

if the GB front office doesn't want to extend him for the cash he's looking for, he could threaten to sit out and host jeopardy for 10-20 mil per year. GB would lose out on the draft picks they can get from trading him

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    meh.. Wasn’t Rodgers also drafted in the first when Favre was there?

I’ve seen multiple people on here, you included, who wanted the Steelers to trade picks to move up and draft a QB this year.

I don’t really see anyone as the enemy in this. The Packers have to look out for their future.

I think Rodgers is one of the best to ever do it in the regular season but he is 1-4 in NFC Championship games... and I believe he still hasn’t beat a team with a winning record when trailing by less than a TD into the 4th quarter.

Dude has every right to be upset but GB also has every right to continue to draft QB’s early since it has worked for them in the past.

Rodgers should blame himself for setting the blueprint on when to draft QB’s in GB
    Oh... I’m not saying it was a bad thing from the team perspective. But Rodgers sees it as a slight. And has been quietly bent out of shape about it ever since
    From the 2010-2020 season, (A 10 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks.

Dolphin fans in the 90ís who wanted to hold on to Don Shula for what he did in the playoffs in the 70ís...
    Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2020 ) holding on to Tomlin for what he did in 2008, with Cowher's players & coaches

Legend

User Info Menu

Rodgers to Denver makes sense, Shailene Woodley his fiancee' lives part of the year in Boulder.
    Steel Maniac predicted no RBs would be chosen in the 1st round, so of course we selected:

1(24) Najee Harris RB Alabama

Legend

User Info Menu

the Packers will suffer a big cap hit if Rodgers is dealt prior to June 1, so we probably won't see him traded until then.
    Steel Maniac predicted no RBs would be chosen in the 1st round, so of course we selected:

1(24) Najee Harris RB Alabama

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NJ-STEELER View Post
    one of the national sports guys thinks a trade is still likely because now rodgers has the jeopardy angle.

if the GB front office doesn't want to extend him for the cash he's looking for, he could threaten to sit out and host jeopardy for 10-20 mil per year. GB would lose out on the draft picks they can get from trading him

What is your source confirming the Jeopardy gig would pay him $10-20 million a year?

Benchwarmer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ThePittsburghKid View Post
    What is your source confirming the Jeopardy gig would pay him $10-20 million a year?
    Trebeck got paid $10 mill

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ThePittsburghKid View Post
    just speculation from a national sports talk guy i was listening to on my commute