Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: NFL Draft Eve - Final Predications????

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    Obviously itís no secret but for the owner to repeatedly say the moves they will/did make are you improve the running game and draft a different position makes no sense.
    Well there is a lot of smoke out there even by the brass. However I'm sure we draft OL n even another back but doesn't mean either have to be in round 1. Corner is a major need now as well. ILB is a need and there are some studs there. We have no depth none at OLB. So if we went defense in the 1st and then filled holes on the O we could all live with that.
    It will be tense until we make our picks on day 2. At that time we'll have a much better picture of what we still need. We'll likely NOT be able to fill all our needs with just this one draft.

Legend

User Info Menu

If the Steelers decide to go with their usual drafting style, and pick themselves a junior in Round 1, CB and ILB are major options. Creed Humphrey and Christian Darrisaw too. Will they pick a junior? I wouldn’t bet against it.

Ive heard that the Steelers really like both Spencer Brown and Trey Sermon, so I imagine they are both in play.
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post
    If the Steelers decide to go with their usual drafting style, and pick themselves a junior in Round 1, CB and ILB are major options. Creed Humphrey and Christian Darrisaw too. Will they pick a junior? I wouldnít bet against it.

Ive heard that the Steelers really like both Spencer Brown and Trey Sermon, so I imagine they are both in play.
    I think the Steelers don't like to be forced into need picks in Round 1 if they reasonably believe they can help the position in Round 2 or 3. We have gotten burned reaching for players due to positional need...see Jarvis Jones and Artie Burns. That is why I could see another position instead of RB in Round 1 and get the RB in Round 2 or 3.

I hope we get Spencer Brown. Bit of a project but has the physical tools.
    Last edited by Oviedo; 04-29-2021 at 07:54 AM.
    Taking pride in the fact that I'm right so often and he is wrong so often, that Steel Maniac has to have me on "Ignore"

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille View Post
    The team does a really good job of not putting itself in desperation mode when it comes to selecting players by signing players that would be sufficient, in a pinch. They have a handful of positions of need and it means they'll truly be able to select BPA instead of reaching.

Also, don't trust what the mocks say - if we ALL think a guy is a STEAL in the 3rd round, he's probably going in the 2nd. And 4th round steals in the 3rd... and so on. Point is, if Harris is gone, in the 1st, I believe they go a round early on Sermon to ensure they get him. Since everyone is calling him a 3rd rounder, taking him at the end of 2nd isn't a reach.

Using that mindset, here's my draft eve "worst case" mock since most of these are a bit earlier than projections say they should be...

1. Landon Dickerson, C, Alabama - while i love the idea of Zaven Collins and Devin Bush as a tandem, we know they lean toward Power6 schools and this is the best C in the draft.
    2. Trey Sermon, RB, OSU - they go earlier than we all thought, but they get their guy
    3. Quincy Roche, OLB, Miami - i could see CB, ILB or OLB here, but if they go 2 in a row on offense, they won't go a 3rd
    4a. Derrick Barnes, LB Purdue - Jerry O loves this guy - put him in your mocks
    4b. Tommy Doyle, OT, Miami(OH) - "best o-lineman available"

If you get me to this point with something that looks similar by position (replace the OLB with CB) then I would have zero complaints about this draft.
    This draft would shock me. A medical red flag in round one? A slow back with lacks movers that never really won the job in round two? And OLB and ILB ( Lower level needs ) in round 3 and 4? No Cb's drafted yet?

Mock drafts are just that, but I can not recall the last time Colbert rolled the dice in round one on a medical players, or the last time Colbert picked no pressing needs in round 2 or 3. I do think Colbert understands the importance of cornerbacks, he's not waiting until round six to pick one.
    Plan to spend 75 million in cap space in 2022 ( most in the NFL ) and use the 2 comp picks ( 3rd and 5th ) for a killer 2022 draft. We will be back hopefully with better coaching.

Legend

User Info Menu

I don’t have any basis but I’m getting a feeling the Steelers will go OT or C in the first. There’s no wrong answer since both, including RB, are positions of need.

I still want Harris but the Steelers may beef up the OL first and maybe roll with Sermon. They definitely need a RB though in this draft.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelBucks View Post
    I don’t have any basis but I’m getting a feeling the Steelers will go OT or C in the first. There’s no wrong answer since both, including RB, are positions of need.

I still want Harris but the Steelers may beef up the OL first and maybe roll with Sermon. They definitely need a RB though in this draft.
    if Christian Darrisaw falls to us, I'm all for taking our future LT.

I also love Teven Jenkins and Landon Dickerson, the kinds of ass kickers our OL needs.
    Dolphin fans in the 90ís who wanted to hold on to Don Shula for what he did in the playoffs in the 70ís...

Were absolutely correct. Miami hasn't won squat ever since Shula left.

Legend

User Info Menu

NFLN reported the Steelers really want Fields to drop to 24, which we know isn’t happening. They said the Steelers won’t, under any circumstance, trade up.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelBucks View Post
    NFLN reported the Steelers really want Fields to drop to 24, which we know isn’t happening. They said the Steelers won’t, under any circumstance, trade up.
    we don't have the necessary ammo to trade up, we badly need our draft picks to fill holes all over our roster.
    Dolphin fans in the 90ís who wanted to hold on to Don Shula for what he did in the playoffs in the 70ís...

Were absolutely correct. Miami hasn't won squat ever since Shula left.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    we don't have the necessary ammo to trade up, we badly need our draft picks to fill holes all over our roster.
    We have the ammo but need the ammo. I’m happy they won’t trade up...they need a quantity of picks. They didn’t rule out trading down which I would support depending how the first round unfolds.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    I think the Steelers don't like to be forced into need picks in Round 1 if they reasonably believe they can help the position in Round 2 or 3. We have gotten burned reaching for players due to positional need...see Jarvis Jones and Artie Burns. That is why I could see another position instead of RB in Round 1 and get the RB in Round 2 or 3.

I hope we get Spencer Brown. Bit of a project but has the physical tools.
    I don’t want a project in round 1. Save that for pater rounds.
    Tomlinís coming back so what can you do?