Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best Mock Yet

Starter

User Info Menu

Best Mock Yet

I'll admit that I'm a big fan of the PFN Mock Simulator, and I probably do one or two 7 round simulations a day.

Here's my favorite one yet:

2 (46) D. Radunz-OT
    2 (50) E. Molden-CB
    2 (55) J. Tryon-OLB
    3 (76) Q. Meinerz-C/G
    3 (87) T. Tremble-TE
    3 (96) J. Carman-OT/OG
    4 (12 D. Hamlin-S
    5 (186) E. Michell-RB
    6 (216) A. Wiliams-CB
    7 (245) T. Jackson-OLB
    7 (254) N. Niemann-ILB

Wow! It came with a lot of trades (if you're not familiar, that simulator throws lots of trades at you). In the end, I gave up some of next years capital (my 3rd and 4th rounder for '22 are traded) but I felt okay about that as 1) we will have probably 2 or 3 supplemental picks next year, almost definitely including a 3rd; 2) we will have some money to supplement next year with a middle-priced FA or two; 3) trading a few of next years picks for having more picks this year gives everyone a year of experience, rather than more rookies next year, and 4) the draft is considerably deeper this year than next year's projections.

So, think about this group this year, filling OL, slot CB, TE and RB holes, and then think about what our 2022 OL will look like (with a new QB at the helm), from left to right: Radunz (2nd year), Carman (2nd year), Meinerz (2nd year), Dotson (moves back to natural RT position, 3rd year), Banner (5th or 6th, but only 2nd starting, really). That would be a pretty nasty, mauling OL for any RB to be behind, and would definitely be a big help for a newbie starting QB.

Sign me up!

Legend

User Info Menu

very nice draft!

however, I wouldn't want to wait until the 5th round to select a RB. that's how you get Benny Snell and McFarland.
    Steel Maniac predicted no RBs would be chosen in the 1st round, so of course we selected:

1(24) Najee Harris RB Alabama

Legend

User Info Menu

Your draft with all the trades got me wondering - How valuable are picks this year vs next year?

Given thereís a lot of OL talent in rounds 2-4 for example and we have a lot of OL holes, do we trade next year picks to improve the team faster?

Would it be worth giving up next years 2 and 3 to get an extra 2 and 3 this year?

Also without the combine, I think teams good at drafting may have an advantage this year which could make extra picks even more valuable this year.

I always want to trade back and get more picks. I think it would be more prudent than ever this year.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I decided to try the PFN draft simulator as well. With the trade action, etc., my lots of fun but totally unrealistic 7-round haul went like this:

51. Javonte Williams, RB, North Carolina
    61. Aaron Robinson, CB, UCF
    74. Josh Myers, C, Ohio State
    82. Spencer Brown, OT, Northern Iowa
    87. Brevin Jordan, TE, Miami
    93. Ben Cleveland, OG, Georgia
    128. Dayo Odeyingbo, Edge, Vanderbilt
    141. Shaun Wade, S, Ohio State
    216. Patrick Johnson, Edge, Tulane
    250. Jalen Camp, WR, Georgia Tech

Legend

User Info Menu

I can’t wait until Thursday to get the party started. All of these mocks are making my head spin.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelBucks View Post
    I canít wait until Thursday to get the party started. All of these mocks are making my head spin.
    No kidding, huh? Until it plays out you never know how it will go.

Draft geeks everywhere unite...

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    very nice draft!

however, I wouldn't want to wait until the 5th round to select a RB. that's how you get Benny Snell and McFarland.
    Thanks!

I would have liked a RB sooner, but that’s how it fell in the simulator. When it came time for me to pick, there were better values than reaching for an RB, so I took Mitchell, who I think is a real sleeper in this draft.

If it played out this way, I’d cross my fingers that the new and hopefully improved OL will make our RBs our little more attractive.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    Your draft with all the trades got me wondering - How valuable are picks this year vs next year?

Given there’s a lot of OL talent in rounds 2-4 for example and we have a lot of OL holes, do we trade next year picks to improve the team faster?

Would it be worth giving up next years 2 and 3 to get an extra 2 and 3 this year?

Also without the combine, I think teams good at drafting may have an advantage this year which could make extra picks even more valuable this year.

I always want to trade back and get more picks. I think it would be more prudent than ever this year.
    I think the OL depth this year could be a bit of a trap if you let it be. Our immediate needs on the OL (if we’re to be better on the OL than last year) are C and LT (specifically). Much of the OL talent and depth at OT is at RT and or guys that will need a few years to become a LT. I think Sewell, Slater, Darrisaw, Vera-Tucker, Radunz, and Eichenberg can all be starting LTs from the get go. Jenkins, Mayfield, Little, Carman, Leatherwood, Cosmi, Christensen, Hudson May all need to start out at RT, OG, or on the bench. Some Day 3 picks like Jackson, Moore, will likely need more time.

Our second pick at #55 could leave us with more of a project if there’s an early run on OL.

I think the thing to watch in this draft will be how soon the OL go off the board. I’m going out on a limb and predicting at least 12 in the top 50.

Legend

User Info Menu

Teven Jenkins
    OT Oklahoma State

Quinn Meinerz
    OC Wisconsin-Whitewater

Trey Sermon
    RB Ohio State

Rodarius Williams
    CB Oklahoma State

Cam Sample
    EDGE Tulane

Tre Walker
    WR San Jose State

Zach Davidson
    TE Central Missouri

Darren Hall
    CB San Diego State

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    Teven Jenkins
    OT Oklahoma State

Quinn Meinerz
    OC Wisconsin-Whitewater

Trey Sermon
    RB Ohio State

Rodarius Williams
    CB Oklahoma State

Cam Sample
    EDGE Tulane

Tre Walker
    WR San Jose State

Zach Davidson
    TE Central Missouri

Darren Hall
    CB San Diego State
    Glad to see some posts out of you during draft week. To few and far between though.
    Like Jenkins but would love him if I knew he could play the left side. Finishes his blocks well. Like echo of the whistle guys.