Thread: Out of box mock trade #55?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Out of box mock trade #55?

This is by far one of the best Mock I have seen, and it has some unusual names. ( ok I like outside the box thinking)

https://www.behindthesteelcurtain.co...lers-sam-cosmi

24. Comsi
    55 trade back to ATL who take Dickerson ( #68, #108, & #182)
    68 Meinerez
    87 Werner
    108 Mitchell RB
    128 Koonce OLB
    140 Vincent CB

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_george View Post
    This is by far one of the best Mock I have seen, and it has some unusual names. ( ok I like outside the box thinking)

24. Comsi
    68 Meinerez
    87 Werner
    108 Mitchell RB
    128 Koonce OLB
    140 Vincent CB
    I think I would be happy if the draft fell like this.

I really like the idea of trading back. Lets us fill more holes. Trading back in the 2nd is also nice because we still get to draft someone at 24.

I like going OL with the top 2 picks as I think that the need seems to match up with the skill in the draft.

Where do you think Werner plays in our D? He sounds like an interesting player that moved around in college because he's athletic. Do you see him as edge depth / ILB depth / slot hybrid guy? Don't know much outside of the short profiles I read.

And I guess my final question is on the RB. If we wait until 108 for a RB, do you think that would give us better than Snell / McFarland? Or could we use that pick for something else in this case?

Legend

User Info Menu

24. Comsi
    68 Meinerez
    87 Werner
    108 Mitchell RB
    128 Koonce OLB
    140 Vincent CB
    That would be a decent haul.
    Taking pride in the fact that I'm right so often and he is wrong so often, that Steel Maniac has to have me on "Ignore"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post
    I think I would be happy if the draft fell like this.

I really like the idea of trading back. Lets us fill more holes. Trading back in the 2nd is also nice because we still get to draft someone at 24.

I like going OL with the top 2 picks as I think that the need seems to match up with the skill in the draft.

Where do you think Werner plays in our D? He sounds like an interesting player that moved around in college because he's athletic. Do you see him as edge depth / ILB depth / slot hybrid guy? Don't know much outside of the short profiles I read.

And I guess my final question is on the RB. If we wait until 108 for a RB, do you think that would give us better than Snell / McFarland? Or could we use that pick for something else in this case?
    I am not so sure if waiting on a RB is the smart choice. I think last couple of drafts we got burnt, and had to settle for Snell and McFarland, by teams making a run on RB mid 3rd rounds.

If the trend is towards a RBC, I could see it logical. Just look at SF, I love their running game. Does Canada preach that type of RBC, movement, and creativity?

Plus I remeber hearing Mitchell's name last year, when teams were scouting Dotson and that Tackle ( forgot his name). Could that be a formula again for him to go off, Dotson and a nimble- strong dancing bear like Cosmi? ( He was one of those keep your eyes out for next year player!)
    Last edited by steeler_george; 04-22-2021 at 01:10 PM.

Legend

User Info Menu

I am not so sure if waiting on a RB is the smart choice. I think last couple of drafts we got burnt, and had to settle for Snell and McFarland, by teams making a run on RB mid 3rd rounds.

If the trend is towards a RBC, I could see it logical. Just look at SF, I love their running game. Does Canada preach that type of RBC, movement, and creativity?

Plus I remeber hearing Mitchell's name last year, when teams were scouting Dotson and that Tackle ( forgot his name). Could that be a formula again for him to go off, Dotson and a nimble- strong dancing bear like Cosmi? ( He was one of those keep your eyes out for next year player!)
    Me neither.

I think it's what I want to do (or at least I want to prioritize OL). But I'm not sure if that's because it's a good idea, if I undervalue the RB position, if I'm overestimating the needs on the OL, or just that I don't know enough about the prospects so I'm defaulting to more of a needs based idea of drafting instead of BPA (e.g. is Harris a better player than a 1st round T or C?).

I also think our RBs might look significantly better with better blocking.

But who knows. We were so bad at rushing last year that wanting to change everything makes sense too.
    Last edited by Northern_Blitz; 04-22-2021 at 02:22 PM.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Decent, but I’d rather see a RB earlier.