Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Davis Mills - Wow just wow

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Davis Mills - Wow just wow

The latest CBS mock has him going to the Bears with the 20th pick - Round 1.

I donít know what to think.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

QBs getting attention early definitely helps the Steelers.

Legend

User Info Menu

I can only hope as many qbs as possible go before our pick.
    From the 2010-2020 season, (A 10 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks.

Dolphin fans in the 90ís who wanted to hold on to Don Shula for what he did in the playoffs in the 70ís...
    Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2020 ) holding on to Tomlin for what he did in 2008, with Cowher's players & coaches

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chucktownsteeler View Post
    The latest CBS mock has him going to the Bears with the 20th pick - Round 1.

I don’t know what to think.
    I would be very surprised if David Mills went in the first round.
    Steel Maniac predicted no RBs would be chosen in the 1st round, so of course we selected:

1(24) Najee Harris RB Alabama

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    I would be very surprised if David Mills went in the first round.
    Given his injury history (one knee surgery in high school, one knee surgery in college), I too would be surprised in an NFL team invested a first round pick on him. If he were to get another severe injury as a pro, the GM of the team that drafted him will be answering "due diligence" questions for the rest of his (likely short) period of employment with that team.

Legend

User Info Menu

I can see him having a higher ceiling/potential than the other 1st round QBs.

But it’s a big risk.

i picked him in the 7th round in one of my mocks when I had no idea where he would even get considered.

I wouldn’t fault any taking a gamble on the kid. Big risk, big reward. I like people that play life that way.

Starter

User Info Menu

Not going to happen in round one. Then again the Bears picked Turbisky with the 2nd overall pick.
    Plan to spend 75 million in cap space in 2022 ( most in the NFL ) and use the 2 comp picks ( 3rd and 5th ) for a killer 2022 draft. We will be back hopefully with better coaching.

Legend

User Info Menu

OK, I’ll be that guy. Who the heck is Davis Mills?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chucktownsteeler View Post
    QBs getting attention early definitely helps the Steelers.
    Not if we are looking at one and I hope we are.
    Update:
    In the last decade, 25% of the league has won a super bowl(the Steelers aren't one of them) and now 50% have as many or more playoff wins as the Steelers.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelBucks View Post
    OK, I’ll be that guy. Who the heck is Davis Mills?
    He's a guy who played 11 games or so at Stanford. He checks all the boxes. Big, Good arm, ran a 4.59, smart, and had one heck of a pro day...in the rain. IMO he has 1st round tools, but played like a late round pick.

I don't; really know how bad the projected 2022 or 2023 QB class is, but teams are acting like there is no tomorrow at quarterback. Lance the 4th pick? Crazy. Mills a 1st round pick? Crazy.
    Plan to spend 75 million in cap space in 2022 ( most in the NFL ) and use the 2 comp picks ( 3rd and 5th ) for a killer 2022 draft. We will be back hopefully with better coaching.