Page 33 of 47 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast

Thread: Tomlin

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    I was on the message board during the Cowher years and I used to give him a pass because he had everything but a QB. I never called for Cowher's head. Not once.
    so you never called for Cowher's head, not even once huh?

not even in Cowher's 7th and 8th seasons when he went 7-9 and 6-10?

and especially when he went 6-10 again in his 12th coaching season?

Steel Maniac predicted no RBs would be chosen in the 1st round, so of course we selected:

1(24) Najee Harris RB Alabama

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    so you never called for Cowher's head, not even once huh?

not even in Cowher's 7th and 8th seasons when he went 7-9 and 6-10?

and especially when he went 6-10 again in his 12th coaching season?
    Probably wasnít a fan of the Steelers back then.... or maybe he was just happy Cowher built his teams with his cold hard HANDS!!!

I started a post on SBís or die trying.. lol.

One thing Iím noticing with Tomlin detractors is they all use the same argument.

ď..Cowher built his teams so its okay that it took 15 yearsĒ
    Last edited by feltdizz; 04-22-2021 at 01:26 PM.
    Tomlinís coming back so what can you do?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

you know how hypocritical a guy who has been banned and just says to the mods "screw it, I don't care about your board rules, I'm just gonna come back anyway" sounds complaining about violating board rules?
    Hypocritical.... ?
    You mean like you refusing to address your buddy being banned or how you violate the rules?
    Comical that you canít see the irony in it.
    Update:
    In the last decade, 25% of the league has won a super bowl(the Steelers aren't one of them) and now 50% have as many or more playoff wins as the Steelers.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Probably wasnít a fan of the Steelers back then.... or maybe he was just happy Cowher built his teams with his cold hard HANDS!!!
    Do you think Tomlin built his super bowl winning team the same as cowhers built his?
    Update:
    In the last decade, 25% of the league has won a super bowl(the Steelers aren't one of them) and now 50% have as many or more playoff wins as the Steelers.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    Hypocritical.... ?
    yes, extremely hypocritical.

amazing you can't see the irony of a guy being banned coming back against the rules and then complaining others are violating board rules.
    Steel Maniac predicted no RBs would be chosen in the 1st round, so of course we selected:

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

yes, extremely hypocritical.

amazing you can't see the irony of a guy being banned coming back against the rules and then complaining others are violating board rules.
    oh wow.. that is crazy.

Legend

User Info Menu

oh wow.. that is crazy.
    I've never once heard you complaining about others violating board rules.

yet Squidkid likes to do it all the time.

comical how he can't see the irony of that.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

holy crap 33 pages in 2 days. I see what happens when i disappear for a couple of days...

I'll chime in on one thing. I think teams win and lose based on simple ingredients: 1) do they have enough talent and 2) do the assistant coaches have good creativity in offensive and defensive play-calling, based on the talent they have, and 3) is the head coach a good "CEO".

I personally never called for Cowher's head because IMO, it was never *him*. The losing seasons were due to injuries/lack of talent and transitions of coordinators. For example: Chan Gailey knew how to use Kordell - not another coordinator did. Everyone else wanted to make him a pocket passer - he'd be a stud in today's NFL. Once BC figured that out, he got him a new QB...

At the same time, I've never asked for Tomlin's head because IMO, it's not *him*. He's been searching for an OC every 2-3 years of his tenure. We all had our preferences for who should have gone/stayed, but that's another story... Between pockets of subpar talent (db's have been crap til recent history), questionable OC's and Tom Brady's never-ending career, it's kinda hard to win a SB the last decade couple of decades.
    Last edited by SteelerOfDeVille; 04-22-2021 at 02:32 PM.
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

Najee Harris, YASS!!
    2021 Day2 Mock
    2. Landon Dickerson, C, Alabama
    3. Kelvin Joseph, CB, Kentucky

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    Do you think Tomlin built his super bowl winning team the same as cowhers built his?
    yes.. they were built with the Steeler GM and FO.

There is no Cowhers team or Nolls team or Tomlin teams.

They are all Steeler teams.

Legend

User Info Menu

yes.. they were built with the Steeler GM and FO.

There is no Cowhers team or Nolls team or Tomlin teams.

They are all Steeler teams.
    but Cowher built his team with his HANDS