Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Report: Steelers are locked in on 3 players at pick #24

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    A lot of my mocks have Myers there in round 3. Just saying.
    He should be there. ESPN has him going to the Ravens in the third.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelBucks View Post
    He should be there. ESPN has him going to the Ravens in the third.
    Would love to be able to go..

1. Jenkins
    2. Williams
    3. Myers

In our first three picks. And then kick butt in the 4th round big time.
    From the 2010-2020 season, (A 10 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks.

Dolphin fans in the 90ís who wanted to hold on to Don Shula for what he did in the playoffs in the 70ís...
    Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2020 ) holding on to Tomlin for what he did in 2008, with Cowher's players & coaches

Legend

User Info Menu

A lot of the names being put forward fail in one category that the Steelers have openly coveted for years in the 1st round pick- age. They absolutely covet players in that 20-21 year age bracket. Nearly every pick put forward is 23 or above.

the NC State RB, Williams, however....is 20
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Really depends on what other teams do. We canít players who are no longer available.

Hearing Najeeís name so often makes me think he will be gone right before we have a chance to take him.
    Makes me think the Steelers want someone to take him.

Legend

User Info Menu

Put some numbers together on first round draft picks since 2010. Here's the breakdown by position. Obviously the numbers can vary depending on supply and demand but a few of the positions are fairly consistent in the numbers taken in Rd 1. The center position seems to be very specific to a team need so you see few selected in Rd 1 (or teams grab a guard and move him to center?).
    I was surprised that TE wasn't taken very often given it's importance in the modern offense. RBs are curious, it's just as likely none or one are picked as it is to see 2 or 3 picked. That's why the avg ends up at 1.5. The most frequent number of QBs picked is 3 in Rd 1.

Position Avg # Picked Most # Picked Fewest # Picked
    DL 7.2 12 3
    DB 6 9 3
    OT 4 6 (2X) 2
    WR 3.6 6 (2X) 2
    QB 3.1 5 1
    LB 3 6 0
    RB 1.5 3 (3X) 0 (2X)
    G 1.4 3 0 (2X)
    TE 0.8 3 0 (5X)
    C 0.7 2 0 (4X)

Last edited by NorthCoast; 04-21-2021 at 07:39 AM.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    Andrew Fillipponi
    @ThePoniExpress

Per his very good sources, NFL draft guru
    @TonyPauline says on @93.7theFan the Steelers are locked in on 3 players at pick 24:

RB Najee Harris
    OT Teven Jenkins
    C Landon Dickerson

Apr 19, 2021

https://twitter.com/ThePoniExpress/s...52763723374593
    Dickerson? Not with his past medical history in round one. However he could be viewed as a steal on day two of the draft.
    Plan to spend 75 million in cap space in 2022 ( most in the NFL ) and use the 2 comp picks ( 3rd and 5th ) for a killer 2022 draft. We will be back hopefully with better coaching.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    Would love to be able to go..

1. Jenkins
    2. Williams
    3. Myers

In our first three picks. And then kick butt in the 4th round big time.
    would be ideal IF we had a slot DB, damn it NELSON!
    I am starting to think DB (safety or slot CB) is creeping to top of draft needs. higher than C, at least there we know and we have some faith in Finney.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    Makes me think the Steelers want someone to take him.
    I hope they do take him. And leave Jenkins.
    From the 2010-2020 season, (A 10 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks.

Dolphin fans in the 90ís who wanted to hold on to Don Shula for what he did in the playoffs in the 70ís...
    Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2020 ) holding on to Tomlin for what he did in 2008, with Cowher's players & coaches

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_george View Post
    would be ideal IF we had a slot DB, damn it NELSON!
    I am starting to think DB (safety or slot CB) is creeping to top of draft needs. higher than C, at least there we know and we have some faith in Finney.
    Steelers need a whole lot more than Finney at center if they want to improve the OL. He grades out pretty much like JC Hausenour.... a backup. Pierre could play the slot, and they could draft depth late.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post
    A lot of the names being put forward fail in one category that the Steelers have openly coveted for years in the 1st round pick- age. They absolutely covet players in that 20-21 year age bracket. Nearly every pick put forward is 23 or above.

the NC State RB, Williams, however....is 20
    I’ve got my eye on Williams but he might not get past the Chargers in the second round. At least , that’s the rumor.