Thread: Flippy Mock 3.0 - The We Dont Need and ILB Edition

Legend

User Info Menu

Flippy Mock 3.0 - The We Dont Need and ILB Edition

1. Caleb Farley - CB - VT

same

2. Walker Little - LT - Stanford

Prototype LT that hasnt played in 2 years. I am swinging for the fences with these 1st 2 picks. Even if one of these guys pans out, it would be a huge win for the Steelers for years to come at either premium position.

3. Quinn Meinerez - C - WW

same

4. Trey Sermon - RB - OSU

same

4. Tommy Tremble - TE - ND

same

6. Amari Rodgers - WR - Clemson

same

7. Patrick Johnson - OLB - Tulane

Looks the part. Looks like a tough, physical, hard worker. But did not face top competition. Seems to lack length. Can he overcome? I am picking 2 OLBs at the end hoping to hit on one of them.

7. Chris Garrett - OLB - Concordia

Same

Legend

User Info Menu

I was also considering Payton Turner who is a DE from Houston in the 2nd.

Curious what you guys think about him?

I think a 4 man line of TJ, Tuitt, Cam, and Turner could have sick potential and I see a 4 man front being more common for us.

Legend

User Info Menu

well done flippy!
    Steel Maniac predicted no RBs would be chosen in the 1st round, so of course we selected:

1(24) Najee Harris RB Alabama

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    1. Caleb Farley - CB - VT

same

Prototype LT that hasnt played in 2 years. I am swinging for the fences with these 1st 2 picks. Even if one of these guys pans out, it would be a huge win for the Steelers for years to come at either premium position.

3. Quinn Meinerez - C - WW

same

4. Trey Sermon - RB - OSU

same

4. Tommy Tremble - TE - ND

same

6. Amari Rodgers - WR - Clemson

same

7. Patrick Johnson - OLB - Tulane

Looks the part. Looks like a tough, physical, hard worker. But did not face top competition. Seems to lack length. Can he overcome? I am picking 2 OLBs at the end hoping to hit on one of them.

7. Chris Garrett - OLB - Concordia

Same

I read recently that Farley has some injury issues. If true, don't waste a #1 on him

I'd not hesitate to take a ILB at #1 or #2

We are not strong there. Everyone is assuming that Bush comes back 100%...big assumption.
    Taking pride in the fact that I'm right so often and he is wrong so often, that Steel Maniac has to have me on "Ignore"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post

Little intriguing

One of the most intriguing left tackles in the draft is Stanfordís Walker Little, whose measurables are attracting attention as a first-round pick but could slip to the second round because of inactivity.

At 6-foot-7, 309 pounds, Little is anything but. But he has also put little on tape the past two seasons at Stanford, making him a bit of a gamble in the first round of the draft.

Little has played just one game since the start of the 2019 season. After becoming the first true freshman in 19 years to start at left tackle at Stanford, he injured his knee in the first game of his junior year and missed the rest of the season. Last year, Little elected to opt out of the 2020 season because of COVID-19 concerns.

Nonetheless, NFL scouts are attracted by his height, length, range and footwork, allowing him to control edge rushers on the perimeter. He is considered a better pass protector than run blocker, but his athleticism and mobility would make him a great second-round pick ó should he drop out of the first round ó for a team searching for left tackles. Like the Steelers.

https://www.post-gazette.com/sports/...s/202104160021
    Steel Maniac predicted no RBs would be chosen in the 1st round, so of course we selected:

1(24) Najee Harris RB Alabama

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

That is an excellent mock draft
    Cleveland spelled backwards is DNA Level C
    http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/d...itty29/mjg.jpg
    another AA/AS original.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I don’t trust us to draft a good CB in the first... lol. If Sermon is really as good as he looked in a few games at tOSU this could be a good draft.
    Tomlinís coming back so what can you do?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

i do like the mock - minus the 1st rounder.

along the way, there are a lot of guys that i've had in consideration, myself. i love little, Meinerz, Sermon as the 2-4 selection - assuming they make it to the team's picks.

Also reminds me to update mine... cuz we don't need no stinkin LB... BWAHAHAH
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

Najee Harris, YASS!!
    2021 Day2 Mock
    2. Landon Dickerson, C, Alabama
    3. Kelvin Joseph, CB, Kentucky