Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Vince Williams back

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    Exactly why I sold my place with a big motgage in Hawaii, major equity scored moved to a much bigger place in Idaho- paid cash and got debt free with 150,000 extra.

Now extremely low expenses let me live much larger working less.
    Nicely done. Have a brother that I wish would take your advice. Every month sweating over where he'll get the money for the house payment for a place that is 3X larger than needs to be for two people (because his wife "likes the space"). ...things we do for our ladies, yoi.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    Exactly why I sold my place with a big motgage in Hawaii, major equity scored moved to a much bigger place in Idaho- paid cash and got debt free with 150,000 extra.

Now extremely low expenses let me live much larger working less.
    While I'm sure that leaving Hawaii for Idaho was something a lot of people might question, I think this kind of decision is great.

This sounds very similar to our move from Toronto to Upstate NY. And I think it's easily one of the best things I've done for the quality of life of my family and I.

Moving from a high cost of living place to one with reasonable costs is amazing. Especially if you have some equity built up in that HCOL place.

My guess is that lots of people will be going through transitions like this with scaled up remote working.

Interestingly, there are reports about how it can kind of suck for the people in the moderate to low cost of living areas that are growing because it drives up prices for people who may not have the HCOL income (or equity).

https://www.npr.org/2021/03/15/97753...sell-me-a-home