Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Josh Dobbs signs

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Josh Dobbs signs

1 year deal back with Steelers
    2022 Re-sign Minkah and Watt. Grab a stud LT and ILB in FA (we will have a boatload of cap room). Trade up for a QB

Legend

User Info Menu

Hmmmm.....

Rookie

User Info Menu

not sure how I feel about this signing, I suppose depth in case one of the QBs get hurt.

Legend

User Info Menu

Probably just means you can take the late QB draft pick off the board which is fine by me.

Open competition for the backup and #3 QB in camp? Weird since it takes up a roster spot but they won’t go into the regular season with 4 QBs.

Legend

User Info Menu

Underwhelming move.
    From the 2010-2020 season, (A 10 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks.

Dolphin fans in the 90ís who wanted to hold on to Don Shula for what he did in the playoffs in the 70ís...
    Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2020 ) holding on to Tomlin for what he did in 2008, with Cowher's players & coaches

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    Underwhelming move.
    guess we're not going to trade ALMOST all of our draft picks to move up for Trevor Lawrence now.
    Steel Maniac predicted no RBs would be chosen in the 1st round, so of course we selected:

1(24) Najee Harris RB Alabama

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Blitzburgh View Post
    not sure how I feel about this signing, I suppose depth in case one of the QBs get hurt.
    Need 4th QB for camp.

And insurance in case Haskins pisses away his chance I guess.

Nice because it takes away the incentive to draft a QB late. I'd much rather have Dobbs on the roster and take a flyer on a guy with a high ceiling at the end of the draft vs. 6th or 7th round QB that doesn't make the team that we have to try to sneak through waivers.
    Last edited by Northern_Blitz; 04-14-2021 at 03:07 PM.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    Underwhelming move.
    This is probably a minimum contract with no real bonus.

Gives him a shot to compete in camp (where we need arms to throw anyway).

Probably gets cut at the end of camp with no impact on the cap. Or makes it as the 3rd QB if Haskins flops.

Although if they keep the PS rules from last year, I think he could end up there if not claimed on waivers?

I guess the ridiculously speculative hot take here is that we'd trade Mason. But my guess is that his value isn't all that high.
    Last edited by Northern_Blitz; 04-14-2021 at 03:09 PM.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Beats wasting a pick on a qb late.
    Update:
    In the last decade, 25% of the league has won a super bowl(the Steelers aren't one of them) and now 50% have as many or more playoff wins as the Steelers.

Legend

User Info Menu

Needed a guy that could mimic LJ in practices. Closest they got.