Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What if I told you.....RB edition

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

What if I told you.....RB edition

That all of the BIG 3 RB's would be available at 1/24. Would you draft 1? Or take your chances in round 2? I think all 3 will be available. The funny thing is the RB getting the least connection to the Steelers (J. Williams) is the only one I'd consider. He has the most upside and highest ceiling of the 3. Did you know Rhamondre Stevenson was a higher graded back than both Harris and Ettienne by PFF? And while I certainly don't subscribe to PFF being the final word. I would much rather take a Stevenson in the 3rd or 4th than a Harrris or Ettienne in the 1st
    2022 Re-sign Minkah and Watt. Grab a stud LT and ILB in FA (we will have a boatload of cap room). Trade up for a QB

Legend

User Info Menu

I too am in the J. Williams camp. He checks all the boxes.
    From the 2010-2020 season, (A 10 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks.

Dolphin fans in the 90s who wanted to hold on to Don Shula for what he did in the playoffs in the 70s...
    Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2020 ) holding on to Tomlin for what he did in 2008, with Cowher's players & coaches

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    I too am in the J. Williams camp. He checks all the boxes.
    actually, he doesn't.

https://steelersdepot.com/2021/04/st...nning-backs-3/
    Dolphin fans in the 90s who wanted to hold on to Don Shula for what he did in the playoffs in the 70s...

Were absolutely correct. Miami hasn't won squat ever since Shula left.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelerkeylargo View Post
    That all of the BIG 3 RB's would be available at 1/24. Would you draft 1? Or take your chances in round 2? I think all 3 will be available. The funny thing is the RB getting the least connection to the Steelers (J. Williams) is the only one I'd consider. He has the most upside and highest ceiling of the 3. Did you know Rhamondre Stevenson was a higher graded back than both Harris and Ettienne by PFF? And while I certainly don't subscribe to PFF being the final word. I would much rather take a Stevenson in the 3rd or 4th than a Harrris or Ettienne in the 1st
    Not a fan of drafting a RB in round 1. But Id be ok with Harris because I think hes the one that sends a signal and creates a whole new identity for the O. No more finesse bs. Were going to run down hill and smash you in the mouth.

The other top options seem like more finesse picks to me. I even like Williams but not in the 1st. Maybe if hes still there in the 2nd or we trade down.

Ive looked at Stevenson and like him as a later pick abs think he looks like a guy the Steelers would like. But I see him realistically as another Benny Snell. I can see why some would love him if we pick him and he could pan out. But hes more of the same imho. I definitely dont even see him being better than a healthy JC.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

With Benny Snell or projected start at RB, and deep Tackle class, I'd go RB in round one as long Harris or Etienne are on the board. We pick too late in round two for a realistic chance for either falling to us.
    Plan to spend 75 million in cap space in 2022 ( most in the NFL ) and use the 2 comp picks ( 3rd and 5th ) for a killer 2022 draft. We will be back hopefully with better coaching.

Backup

User Info Menu

I think Harris represents what the Rooney's think the Steelers running game should be. I think the Steelers are going all in to win in 2021. This could be Ben's last year and after that, history says , wandering in the wilderness for some time. I think the Steelers go for Harris. I also like Ettiene but the Rooney's like Harris. Grind it out , eat up the clock, beat your opponent into submission. This move would also represent a philosophy to follow post Ben. If you can pound the ball you can stay in a lot of games with avg. QB play.

Legend

User Info Menu

If the Steelers are really fixated on a RB as the first pick, then trade down with Miami for #36 pick and grab one, and an extra 3rd rounder. Then grab best center with Rd 2b pick and OT with 3a. That right there could fix the run game.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    If the Steelers are really fixated on a RB as the first pick, then trade down with Miami for #36 pick and grab one, and an extra 3rd rounder. Then grab best center with Rd 2b pick and OT with 3a. That right there could fix the run game.
    I'd love to be able to do something like this.

Probably doesn't happen, but I agree that it would allow us to fix more problems (and we have quite a few re: the run game).

Need a partner, but I'd like to trade down. Especially since I think uncertainty is higher this year than normal and I'd like to get more lottery tickets.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I like Harris a little more than Etienne. For some reason Etienne just seems a little light in the pants but I have compared measurables for each.

Harris just feels like a Steeler RB. I’m sure we probably won’t pick either because everyone is talking about it.
    Tomlins coming back so what can you do?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    That’s what they should do if their dead set on taking a RB with their first pick.
    From the 2010-2020 season, (A 10 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks.

Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2020 ) holding on to Tomlin for what he did in 2008, with Cowher's players & coaches