Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Geovanni Bernard

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    There is no 'win now' in my opinion. So this draft should be all about the future. Defensively the AFCN is getting better. BAL is already there. CLE is getting their act together and I expect them to go heavy on defense in the draft this year. CIN is maybe a couple yrs away. Gonna have to have some stout big uglies up front on the OL to handle this division. The Steelers will not win many games scoring <20 pts.
    Totally agree. This is exactly where I think we are at. There is no " win now". Some believe it but the reality is our immediate window is closed. Time to build for the future.

Y
    From the 2010-2020 season, (A 10 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks.

Dolphin fans in the 90’s who wanted to hold on to Don Shula for what he did in the playoffs in the 70’s...
    Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2020 ) holding on to Tomlin for what he did in 2008, with Cowher's players & coaches

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    I’ve always been a fan of Geo and think he’s a lot better than he’s ever gotten to show.

i think he’s be a good fit for what I think this Canada offense is supposed to become.
    Bernard will have plenty of suitors.

I'm sure he won't be signing with us.
    Steel Maniac predicted no RBs would be chosen in the 1st round, so of course we selected:

1(24) Najee Harris RB Alabama

Legend

User Info Menu

I read a scathing article written about MacFarland. I do not understand why he has been written off. Rookie running behind a porous OL and all of a sudden he's a flop? Repair the OL then reassess our RB situation.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    I read a scathing article written about MacFarland. I do not understand why he has been written off. Rookie running behind a porous OL and all of a sudden he's a flop? Repair the OL then reassess our RB situation.
    No training camp, no preseason and people jump to the conclusion that he sucks after 39 touches? Behind the Steelers sieve OL? My word we've got some harsh analysts following the team.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Does GB have anything left in the tank?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I doubt we could/would get him - but I think he's young enough to get 2-3 good years, I like his running style and I think there's merit to the idea that anytime a player 'escapes' cincinnati - once they get a taste of a winning franchise, they find a little extra juice in the tank to stay there as long as possible.
    2014 MNF EXEC CHAMPION!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post
    Do you think he can carry the load behind Finney and Okorafor though?

we need an upgrade there as much as RB.
    but let's not think just upgrading the OL will make these plodders in the backfield improve so much. we need better talent at RB too.

there was a run jonathan taylor had in our game last year where 2 steeler defenders were closing in on him as soon as he got the handoff. he got himself out of that jam and gain positive yards. i've yet to see anyone in the steelers RB corps that can do something like that

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NJ-STEELER View Post
    we need an upgrade there as much as RB.
    but let's not think just upgrading the OL will make these plodders in the backfield improve so much. we need better talent at RB too.

there was a run jonathan taylor had in our game last year where 2 steeler defenders were closing in on him as soon as he got the handoff. he got himself out of that jam and gain positive yards. i've yet to see anyone in the steelers RB corps that can do something like that
    @1:15

https://www.nfl.com/videos/james-con...rd-game-week-6

(but I get your point...too few and far between)

Legend

User Info Menu

Bernard signed a one-year contract with Tampa Bay.

https://www.nfl.com/news/longtime-be...ith-buccaneers
    Steel Maniac predicted no RBs would be chosen in the 1st round, so of course we selected:

1(24) Najee Harris RB Alabama