Thread: So, I知 hearing from another fan site..

Legend

User Info Menu

So, I知 hearing from another fan site..

That the 49ers might be looking to move up from their 2nd round pick at #43 back into the late 1st round.

They currently don稚 hold a 3rd round pick, but do have a 4th.

If they traded #43 and their 4th plus next years 3rd for #24, would you look at it?
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

hmmm... Could all this QB talk just be smoke screen and they are going for Pitts, and then looking to trade up for Mac Jones at 15. ( Jimmy G plus 1st (gained) to Patriots #15 plus 2nd. Rumor has it the Patriots are high on D. Mills.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post
    That the 49ers might be looking to move up from their 2nd round pick at #43 back into the late 1st round.

They currently don’t hold a 3rd round pick, but do have a 4th.

If they traded #43 and their 4th plus next years 3rd for #24, would you look at it?
    IMO, I’m thinking we want/need the picks this year.
    Update:
    In the last decade, 25% of the league has won a super bowl(the Steelers aren't one of them) and now 50% have as many or more playoff wins as the Steelers.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    IMO, I’m thinking we want/need the picks this year.
    I don't think we are moving based on what Colbert said.
    From the 2010-2020 season, (A 10 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks.

Dolphin fans in the 90痴 who wanted to hold on to Don Shula for what he did in the playoffs in the 70痴...
    Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2020 ) holding on to Tomlin for what he did in 2008, with Cowher's players & coaches

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

No, I prefer quality over quantity.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chucktownsteeler View Post
    No, I prefer quality over quantity.
    Especially with this being a weird year where I think the NCAA allowed players an extra year of eligibility.

I don't think that affects the top end (because guys who think they're going early are going to go to the draft).

But I be there will be a fair number of mid to late tier guys that want another bite at the apple in college to elevate their stock.

Legend

User Info Menu

I'm not crazy about the draft pick options but do the 49ers have a player that could be included that would help the Steelers rather than an unknown quantity that is also a rookie.

Pappy

The referee said that you hit Brian Sipe too hard. Did you hit him too hard?
    I hit him as hard as I could - Jack Lambert

1.24 Najee Harris, RB, Alabama
    2.55 Pat Freirmuth, TE, Penn State
    3.87 Kendrick Green, G/C, Illinois
    4.128 Dan Moore Jr, OT, Texas A&M
    4.140 Buddy Johnson, ILB, Texas A&M
    5.156 Isaiahh Loudermilk, DT, Wisconsin
    6.216 Quincy Roche, LB, Miami
    7.245 Tre Norwood, CB, Oklahoma
    7.254 Pressley Harvin III, P, GA Tech