Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: Sam Darnold

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post
    Lemming, you should be a lawyer (in a good way).

What is it they say, lawyers should only ask questions they know the answers to.
    Though not a lawyer I actually have a great deal of training (decades) in the art of persuasion. Until you just mentioned it I did not know I was using it here. It is so ingrained it comes naturally.

I have learned that using questions the lead the other person to fill in the blank are MUCH more powerful than stating the fact yourself. It is "their" truth when they close that loop themselves.

Here though it is usually followed by,"yeah but" so it doesn't always work.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    Though not a lawyer I actually have a great deal of training (decades) in the art of persuasion. Until you just mentioned it I did not know I was using it here. It is so ingrained it comes naturally.

I have learned that using questions the lead the other person to fill in the blank are MUCH more powerful than stating the fact yourself. It is "their" truth when they close that loop themselves.

Here though it is usually followed by,"yeah but" so it doesn't always work.
    its called entrapment..
    Tomlinís coming back so what can you do?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    its called entrapment..
    Not really.
    It just feels like that from your point of view.

Hey Dizz, do you think the Jets regret paying Bell all that moolah?

I'll get you started.

"Yeah but".....(feel free to chose, "Jets franchise" "Adam Gase" "Oline issues", or be creative and actually surprise me.)
    Last edited by Captain Lemming; 04-11-2021 at 02:14 PM.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Joel Buchsbaum View Post
    That is the main story, but there is more to it. Kanas City to me was exposed as soft vs. the run, and every team took notice. You can run on them. Or should I say team that can run the football can run on them.

Their OL is a mess. Crippled by injures, and that's not easy to fix quickly. Fisher might not even play this year with a lower leg injury, and the other tackle Schwartz has back issues. KC's two starting tackles are hurting. This will take away to deep ball somewhat, and expose Mahomes more often. Sometimes a big loss in the Super Bowl is hard for teams to shake, there are other reasons why I think this team has gone from great to dare I say just a team people expect to make the playoffs in 2021. What's the record of team's who lost the super bowl next season?
    KC has released both fischer and shwartz

but they would have to be dumb to not upgrade the OL and protect the next proclaimed GOAT.
    they know where their bread is buttered and have a good grasp on where league trends are heading. i doubt they draft defense after defense after defense high every year.

they've already signed thuney and kyle long (out of retirement). expect some more high picks in the draft to add to it.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.wizard View Post
    Absolutely doesnt matter, scouts do not draft guys on their college stats and who they played. They are evaluating their measurables which is why you have a Lance and A Zach Wilson at the top of the draft with Lawerence and Fields. The draft is about potential and physical talent not who they beat in college.
    Teams that do that end up with the Bo Jacksons.... looking the part.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NJ-STEELER View Post

but they would have to be dumb to not upgrade the OL and protect the next proclaimed GOAT.
    they know where their bread is buttered and have a good grasp on where league trends are heading. i doubt they draft defense after defense after defense high every year.

they've already signed thuney and kyle long (out of retirement). expect some more high picks in the draft to add to it.
    KC is going to fix their O-line woes and do it more than adequately. They have too much invested in Mahomes not to. You can take that to the bank.
    From the 2010-2020 season, (A 10 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks.

Dolphin fans in the 90ís who wanted to hold on to Don Shula for what he did in the playoffs in the 70ís...
    Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2020 ) holding on to Tomlin for what he did in 2008, with Cowher's players & coaches

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    KC is going to fix their O-line woes and do it more than adequately. They have too much invested in Mahomes not to. You can take that to the bank.
    They are going to try.. we have no idea if their moves will work out.
    Tomlinís coming back so what can you do?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NJ-STEELER View Post

Has there been any news on whether or not Duvernay Tardif will be returning?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o. View Post
    Has there been any news on whether or not Duvernay Tardif will be returning?
    he's coming back this season.

https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2021/...amien-williams
    Steel Maniac predicted no RBs would be chosen in the 1st round, so of course we selected:

1(24) Najee Harris RB Alabama

Legend

User Info Menu

This is the danger when a team screws up in the draft when grabbing their QB:

It was just three years ago that the New York Jets decided they absolutely needed to trade into the top 3 of the 2018 NFL Draft. The decision was bad at the time and looks worse in hindsight: not only did New York whiff by drafting Sam Darnold, one of the biggest draft busts in recent history, but the Jets could have taken either Josh Allen or Lamar Jackson with the team’s original pick.

The package that New York sent to Indianapolis for the 3rd pick was massive: New York sent the 6th overall pick (Quenton Nelson), along with the 37th (Braden Smith) and 49th (Dallas Goedert) picks, plus a 2019 2nd round pick (34th overall, Rock Ya-Sin) for the rights to acquire whoever would be there at three. The Jets got “lucky” in that Darnold, for much of the pre-draft process considered the presumptive first overall pick, was even available to them at three. As I wrote at the time, the Jets chose the rights to the third quarterback [1] available in the draft over getting Lamar Jackson plus four second round picks. It has worked out to such a poor degree that the Jets are one month away from using the #2 overall pick that the Darnold-led Jets very much earned on Darnold’s successor.