Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Mac Jones tells Nick Saban what?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Joel Buchsbaum View Post
    Jones is far away from that incident. More problematic for me is Lawerence's view that football doesn't define him, which really isn't a big deal either. I guess when in doubt, pick on the red headed lefty, who played for the Bengals, right?

But in big or small games I know which QB kicked the crap out of his competition, and which QB's fell flat at times.
    I’m not high on Trevor Lawrence. I felt like he was crowned after his first year and never showed any improvement.

Not really concerned with his answer but I cam see how some may wonder if he has a Rosen type attitude when it comes to football.

I think the media and fans get too wrapped up in the “rah rah football is all I need in life” answers to these questions. I think a bigger concern is how players like Lawrence respond when finally being on a team that isn’t the best in their conference.

Dalton tho.. he never impressed me as a pro. Only dude I know who would check down on 4th and 12 with 20 seconds left in a game.
    Tomlinís coming back so what can you do?

Legend

User Info Menu

I guess when in doubt, pick on the red headed lefty, who played for the Bengals, right?
    Dalton isn't a lefty.
    Steel Maniac predicted no RBs would be chosen in the 1st round, so of course we selected:

1(24) Najee Harris RB Alabama

Legend

User Info Menu

There was an interesting interview with Peter King this morning on the Niners picking Lance. Couple of things came out; Shanahan absolutely loved Jones accuracy and play within a system. But, he was never really the guy they were targeting. Shanahan was sold on what Lance could do with an offense when it went off schedule. To him it was the biggest reason to trade up and get him.

One other interesting comment from King; when asked why all the secrecy if they knew all along who they were going to pick, he said because he didn't want the divisional foes to have the advantage of possibly changing their draft picks based on defending Lance rather than Jones. Kinda makes you wonder if the Steelers did the same thing by drafting the TE nobody expected them to....

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    Dalton isn't a lefty.
    Well he isn't very good and might as well be a lefty. You know the red headed step child type on a bad football team for years.

For all I know he goes both ways. Could be a Cincinnati thing, or a Cowboys thing!

https://www.foxsports.com/stories/nfl/cast-free-dalton-throws-lefty-at-bengals-practice
    Plan to spend 75 million in cap space in 2022 ( most in the NFL ) and use the 2 comp picks ( 3rd and 5th ) for a killer 2022 draft. We will be back hopefully with better coaching.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Don't be shocked if Jones, who is from Jacksonville ends up a Jaguar via a trade down from #1 overall to #2 overall. I think the Clemson golden boy didn't exactly deliver in his biggest games, Jones did.

Now that trade would rock the draft...
    wasnít shocked at all.. lmao.

Wasnít Jones the 4th QB taken in the draft? Sounds about right. Billicheat is implying he will sit behind Cam. We shall see how long that last. Cam hasnít looked good since Covid.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    wasnít shocked at all.. lmao.

Wasnít Jones the 4th QB taken in the draft? Sounds about right. Billicheat is implying he will sit behind Cam. We shall see how long that last. Cam hasnít looked good since Covid.
    Jones was the fifth QB taken. First three picks were Lawrence, Wilson, and Lance. Field went with the 11th pick. Jones went at 15.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by tiproast View Post
    Jones was the fifth QB taken. First three picks were Lawrence, Wilson, and Lance. Field went with the 11th pick. Jones went at 15.

Thanks for the correction.

I think that is about right for his skill level.

I still wonder if this Wilson kid is all hype. I watched BYU last year and was impressed.. but once they played better competition they looked pretty average.

Would not be surprised one bit if the Jets got it wrong again.