Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Mac Jones tells Nick Saban what?

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille View Post
    With statements like "none were as smart", you are KILLING your own argument which should stand on its own. When you're calling some college QB who almost always had a clean pocket smarter than Tom Brady and Drew Brees, you lose credibility instantly. INSTANTLY. Like, i see Forrest Gump on the other end of the keyboard - lol

What i give him: toughness, competitiveness and IQ are underrated these days when it comes to QB. Everyone wants the athlete... but, those 3 characteristics that I named are why Brady keeps winning. And Brees and Peyton Manning are what they were. The story is insight into his competitiveness, which i like. He's not in my own mock (because i think he'll be gone by 24) but if he lasts to 24, i wouldn't be upset if they selected him. He's not worth a trade up because this team has too many needs.

So, IMO all this discussion is likely moot. I wouldn't be surprised to see him go ahead of Trey Lance - and that's the guy you should be scouting to see if he's worthy of the 24th selection.
    No offense taken, SteelerOfDeVille. When I say NONE WERE AS SMART. I say it and back it up. Since you seem to disagree, the onus is in you to show me why I am wrong, okay? Academically Jones graduates with a 4.0 Enlighten yourself by viewing the below link.

https://macjonesqb.com

More importantly in this case, he went to the senior bowl and downloaded the offense very quickly. His football IQ is very high relative to his experience. NFL scouts say so. The NFL gives their version of the IQ test called the Wonderlic. In my estimation, he'll better Brady and Brees scores here. I'm not saying he'll be a better NFL player. I hope you understand the difference.

Brady scored a 33. Brees a 28. Ben I think was a 25. Most NFL teams worry about QB's scoring below 17. I once took the test myself for a job. When I asked how I did, they laughed and said your upper level green. Then I said I was aware of the test name and NFL players take it, ,Do you have my score between 1-50 to which they replied 38. Most people who went to college should be able to pull a high 20's to low 30's I think. It is a speed and accuracy test too. Anything above a 40 is rare.

Median score by profession[edit]
    Listed are a sample of median scores by profession on the Wonderlic test from 1983. The scores are listed in descending numerical order, and professions with the same score have been alphabetized.

Systems analyst – 32 ( Very close to what I do )
    Chemist – 31
    Electrical engineer – 30
    Engineer – 29
    Programmer – 29
    Accountant – 28
    Executive – 28
    Reporter – 28
    Teacher – 28
    Copywriter – 27
    Investment analyst – 27
    Librarian – 27
    Electronics technician – 26
    Salesperson – 25
    Secretary – 24
    Dispatcher – 23
    Drafter – 23
    Electrician – 23
    Nurse – 23
    Bank teller – 22
    Cashier – 21
    Firefighter – 21
    Clerical worker – 21
    Machinist – 21
    Receptionist – 21
    Train conductor – 21
    Craftsman – 18
    Security guard – 17
    Welder – 17
    Warehouseman – 15
    Janitor – 14 ( Steelers drafted 3 QB's below this score post Bradshaw )

Average score in the NFL by position
    The Wonderlic test is used in the NFL Scouting Combine. Paul Brown introduced the test to the league in the late 1960s.[35] According to Paul Zimmerman's The New Thinking Man's Guide to Pro Football, the average score of an NFL player according to position is the following:

Offensive tackle – 26
    Center – 25
    Quarterback – 24
    Guard – 23
    Tight end – 22
    Safety – 19
    Linebacker – 19
    Cornerback – 18
    Wide receiver – 17
    Fullback – 17
    Halfback – 16

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wonderlic_test
    Last edited by Joel Buchsbaum; 03-29-2021 at 02:20 PM.
    Plan to spend 75 million in cap space in 2022 ( most in the NFL ) and use the 2 comp picks ( 3rd and 5th ) for a killer 2022 draft. We will be back hopefully with better coaching.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Fitz has the highest Wonderlic score of all QB’s and he has never won jack squat. Who cares if Jones scores better than Brees or Brady. He won’t ever have more yards than Brees and he damn sure won’t have more rings than Brady.

Almost feels like Joel was paid to hype up Mac Jones.. lol.
    Tomlinís coming back so what can you do?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Neil O'Donnell was also very smart.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Fitz has the highest Wonderlic score of all QBís and he has never won jack squat. Who cares if Jones scores better than Brees or Brady. He wonít ever have more yards than Brees and he damn sure wonít have more rings than Brady.

Almost feels like Joel was paid to hype up Mac Jones.. lol.
    J Allen scored a 37.... LJ scored 13

....Rudolph 28; Minkah Fitz 30; T Edmunds 27

here's an old chart that basically tells you Wonderlic doesn't correlate to a lick;

[IMG]https://miro.medium.com/max/1000/1*m3ke8nHVZUamL0JGkBwUEQ.png[/IMG]

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post

here's an old chart that basically tells you Wonderlic doesn't correlate to a lick;

the chart doesn't come up.
    Steel Maniac predicted no RBs would be chosen in the 1st round, so of course we selected:

1(24) Najee Harris RB Alabama

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    the chart doesn't come up.
    sorry bout that;

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2kHRrLu][/url][url=https://flic.kr/p/2kHRrLu]1_m3ke8nHVZUamL0JGkBwUEQ[/url] by [url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/191750946@N04/]R W[/url], on Flickr

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post

Maybe it doesn’t correlate to being a good football player but it does tell you how stupid some of these guys are.
    Update:
    In the last decade, 25% of the league has won a super bowl(the Steelers aren't one of them) and now 50% have as many or more playoff wins as the Steelers.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chucktownsteeler View Post
    Neil O'Donnell was also very smart.

No he was not.
    Plan to spend 75 million in cap space in 2022 ( most in the NFL ) and use the 2 comp picks ( 3rd and 5th ) for a killer 2022 draft. We will be back hopefully with better coaching.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Who cares if he scores higher than Brady on the Wonderlic, Dobbs scored a 29 which is lower than Brady, does that make Brady smarter than an aerospace engineer?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.wizard View Post
    Who cares if he scores higher than Brady on the Wonderlic, Dobbs scored a 29 which is lower than Brady, does that make Brady smarter than an aerospace engineer?

"The FBI says they can prove it through physics in a nuclear laboratory. Of course they can prove it. Theoretical physics can also prove that an elephant can hang off a cliff with its tail tied to a daisy! But use your eyes, your common sense."

2021 Draft- Would love to drop down 7-10 picks and grab an extra 3rd and then use that 3rd to move up in the 2nd.

1/??) Asante Samuel-CB-FSU
    2/??) Creed Humphrey-C-OU
    3/87) Trey Sermon-RB-OSU
    4/128- Stone Forsythe-OT-Florida
    4/140) Patrick Johnson-Edge-Tulane
    6/216) Tre McKitty-TE-UGA
    7/245) Whop Philyor-WR-Indiana
    7/254) Tariq Thompson-S-SDSU

2022 Re-sign Minkah and Watt. Grab a stud LT and ILB in FA (we will have a boatload of cap room). Trade up for a QB