Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 165

Thread: Steelers terminate contract of Steven Nelson

  1. #41
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    Jordan embarrass himself with that HOF rant. Bringing in his old high school coach to berate him? That was Busch to say the least.
    Actually, I do agree. It was over the top. Kind of cringe worthy at times. Shots at Dean Smith? Not a good look MJ.

    Nevertheless, you can tell it drove him to be the most hyper-competitive lunatic in sports history.

  2. #42
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    I think there is a difference between having a chip on your shoulder vs carrying a grudge.
    I think it was both for him. I think the fact that he took things personally beyond reasonable proportion drove him to levels he would never have achieved otherwise.

    A normal person cannot be as obsessed as he was.

  3. #43
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    most of these players have fought thru adversity. They are constantly fighting to keep their job too. Not sure what the numbers are but I believe its like less than 1% of HS football players make the pros. Could be talking about old coaches, fake friends, family, women, etc.

    Look at Ben, I believe he changed his birth town because he had a bunch of haters back home.

    buy you are a professional hater, so of course you would think it was easy to make the pros.
    Well, most people that succeed fight thru done adversity.
    A lot of these guys can hardly read or write. By far some of the stupidest people in America.
    Because they are gifted athletes, they have been coddled their whole lives. Passed thru elementary, grade and high school. Given a free college education, books , housing , food and a tutor to do their work.
    Iím sure most of their criminal activity went Ďunnoticedí also.
    Even these guys canít be dumb enough to think that they will play 15 years in the nfl and will never have to get a real job after.
    Update:
    In the last decade, 25% of the league has won a super bowl(the Steelers aren't one of them) and now 50% have as many or more playoff wins as the Steelers.

  4. #44
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    Well, most people that succeed fight thru done adversity.
    A lot of these guys can hardly read or write. By far some of the stupidest people in America.
    Because they are gifted athletes, they have been coddled their whole lives. Passed thru elementary, grade and high school. Given a free college education, books , housing , food and a tutor to do their work.
    I’m sure most of their criminal activity went ‘unnoticed’ also.
    Even these guys can’t be dumb enough to think that they will play 15 years in the nfl and will never have to get a real job after.
    jealousy and envy on full display
    Tomlinís coming back so what can you do?


  5. #45
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    I think it was both for him. I think the fact that he took things personally beyond reasonable proportion drove him to levels he would never have achieved otherwise.

    A normal person cannot be as obsessed as he was.
    He was out of the game at that point. No need to continue with the grudge or whatever he chose to call it. What he did was bush league.

  6. #46
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    He was out of the game at that point. No need to continue with the grudge or whatever he chose to call it. What he did was bush league.
    ehhh, I never watched it. Maybe that’s why the Jordan cry face is so hilarious.

    I don’t really have an issue with dunking on your haters at a HOF speech. IMO that is the perfect platform to gloat.

    If you watched the Bulls doc you see Jordan was a bit of an ass and bet on everything. He is extremely petty.

    Just wish he had a chip on his shoulders as an NBA owner.
    Tomlinís coming back so what can you do?


  7. #47
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    ehhh, I never watched it. Maybe that’s why the Jordan cry face is so hilarious.

    I don’t really have an issue with dunking on your haters at a HOF speech. IMO that is the perfect platform to gloat.

    If you watched the Bulls doc you see Jordan was a bit of an ass and bet on everything. He is extremely petty.

    Just wish he had a chip on his shoulders as an NBA owner.
    He DOES. He just aint very good at it.
    Thats why he and Barkley aint buds no more.
    Barkley criticized him once as an owner and he has a lifelong grudge for it.

  8. #48
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    He DOES. He just aint very good at it.
    Thats why he and Barkley aint buds no more.
    Barkley criticized him once as an owner and he has a lifelong grudge for it.
    I’m not talking about Barkley.. I’m talking about the team on the court.
    Tomlinís coming back so what can you do?


  9. #49
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Just because someone is a great player doesn't mean he is a good person.

  10. #50
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    He was out of the game at that point. No need to continue with the grudge or whatever he chose to call it. What he did was bush league.
    Not a psychiatrist, but my guess is that this is a deeply ingrained thing and not something he can consciously turn on / off.

    I think you have to be a bit insane to even make it to a pro-sports league. Never mind being the GOAT.

    Normal people give up because it's virtually impossible to do. Especially in the NBA where the roster size is 15 / team, and probably about half those guys are just there for show.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •