Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 25

Thread: Does anyone think...

  1. #1
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Does anyone think...

    Anthony McFarland can be a starter in a Matt Canada offense?
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

    Light up the darkness.

  2. #2
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post
    Anthony McFarland can be a starter in a Matt Canada offense?
    Havenít seen enough to know either way.

    Itís really hard to judge anything about any of the RBs given our O and blocking last year.

    Can we call him Little Booger? He is a junior and Booger McFarland must be his dad right?

  3. #3
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    Haven’t seen enough to know either way.

    It’s really hard to judge anything about any of the RBs given our O and blocking last year.

    Can we call him Little Booger? He is a junior and Booger McFarland must be his dad right?
    This is what I think too.

    I think it would be best if we improved at RB (and every other position).

    But I think that a combination of Snell and McFarland can be OK if we get good run blocking.

    And I'd rather have a good line with below average backs than a below average line with good backs.

  4. #4
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Haven’t seen enough from McFarland or Canada to give an answer.

    I would hope so
    Tomlinís coming back so what can you do?


  5. #5
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post
    This is what I think too.

    I think it would be best if we improved at RB (and every other position).

    But I think that a combination of Snell and McFarland can be OK if we get good run blocking.

    And I'd rather have a good line with below average backs than a below average line with good backs.
    I disagree. I think all of our backs are average. As soon as they get hit, they go down, including Connor. We desperately need an upgrade at RB.

    With that said, that short passing attack the Steelers had last year, I heard was implemented by Canada- it's his way. Hope that isn't true. We need a power running game again.
    6- Time Super Bowl Champions......
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

    2012 MNF Executive Champion






  6. #6
    Pro Bowler

    User Info Menu

    Until the O-line is fixed we will not know the answer.

  7. #7
    Pro Bowler

    User Info Menu

    Just looking back on his college stats McFarland was not really all that impressive. And if you take away that 298 yard performance against Ohio State he looks even less impressive.

  8. #8
    Pro Bowler

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by The Man of Steel View Post
    Just looking back on his college stats McFarland was not really all that impressive. And if you take away that 298 yard performance against Ohio State he looks even less impressive.
    Personally, I wasn’t happy with us drafting him.

  9. #9
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Based off what I've seen so far he couldn't start behind an All Pro Line in front of him.
    Hoping he steps up this yr.
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

  10. #10
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Real Deal Steel View Post
    Personally, I wasn’t happy with us drafting him.
    same... he's straight line fast, but has very little wiggle. If you're that small, i would expect more shake and bake. Hopefully, Canada will know how to use him in ways that made him productive in college.
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •