Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ju Ju is back

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Ju Ju is back

1 year 8 million
    2022 Re-sign Minkah and Watt. Grab a stud LT and ILB in FA (we will have a boatload of cap room). Trade up for a QB

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Turned down more money from Ratbirds. I gotta give the kid credit. He loves Pittsburgh
    2022 Re-sign Minkah and Watt. Grab a stud LT and ILB in FA (we will have a boatload of cap room). Trade up for a QB

Legend

User Info Menu

Who is that really smart poster who predicted that just yesterday????
    Taking pride in the fact that I'm right so often and he is wrong so often, that Steel Maniac has to have me on "Ignore"

Legend

User Info Menu

Dolphin fans in the 90ís who wanted to hold on to Don Shula for what he did in the playoffs in the 70ís...

Were absolutely correct. Miami hasn't won squat ever since Shula left.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I still can't believe it...
    BIG MOVE...
    I don't know where to start!

no wonder why steeler players' twitters was blowing up with Juju pictures.

Legend

User Info Menu

Awesome news!

And who here said players won't take less than market??

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I would have parted ways with him and taken the comp pick. And where did we find 8 million to sign him? Are the Steelers really trading Nelson?

We are going all in to win now, with a team that lost a lot in free agency, and has a brutal schedule. Not to mention going 1-5 in the last 6 games played.

My guess is Ju-ju's agent correctly told him your worth a little more than 8 million, but teams who offered want a longer term deal when the cap will be going way up next year. So he took 8 million over say 8.5 million form the Rats 2021, and will be a free agent again next season when teams have a lot more money to spend. I get it, but he also gave a home town discount.
    Last edited by Joel Buchsbaum; 03-19-2021 at 03:59 PM.
    Plan to spend 75 million in cap space in 2022 ( most in the NFL ) and use the 2 comp picks ( 3rd and 5th ) for a killer 2022 draft. We will be back hopefully with better coaching.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

not a big fan of these moves

we had better depth at WR than CB and we actually have success at drafting WRs

Nelson is a more important piece than JSS, imo

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

OK JUJU is a god now... he turned down 13 million from the Ravens.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Wow

Definitely didn't expect that. 8M....

Maybe he makes enough in local endorsements to make up the difference???? Crazy