Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: A reason why D Watson has not been traded?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    Never know; #metoo.
    this isn’t what metoo means but don’t let that stop you.
    Tomlinís coming back so what can you do?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    Money grab. BUT, it's not a good look for the NFL. Roethlisberger was punished over allegations of douchey behavior.

Main question; are there videos?
    Dont know if its a money grab but if its something that can go away quietly without suspension, i dont think it deters too many teams.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.wizard View Post
    Dont know if its a money grab but if its something that can go away quietly without suspension, i dont think it deters too many teams.
    Like the stock market, teams hate uncertainty. No one will trade for Watson until this is resolved.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelBucks View Post
    Like the stock market, teams hate uncertainty. No one will trade for Watson until this is resolved.
    pretty sure no one could trade for him anyways because the Texans had no interest in trading him.

I believe the timing of this is insurance for the Texans. Seriously doubt Watson’s camp would paint him as a sexual predator to get out of a contract. More than likely it would be used by the franchise to get out if paying for the contract.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Well if there are no filed criminal charges then teams dont really have to worry about alot.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    pretty sure no one could trade for him anyways because the Texans had no interest in trading him.

I believe the timing of this is insurance for the Texans. Seriously doubt Watson’s camp would paint him as a sexual predator to get out of a contract. More than likely it would be used by the franchise to get out if paying for the contract.
    I agree. A third civil suit was filed today so this isn’t going away anytime soon.

Legend

User Info Menu

Well if there are no filed criminal charges then teams dont really have to worry about alot.
    NFL could still suspend him. Similar to Antonio Brown.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

nah, now teams have to wonder if Goodell will act when he hears about sexual assault allegations.

This could all be true but it could also be the franchise reminding DeShaun to know his place.

If Deshaun knew about these allegations its stupid to try and force your way out when the team is keeping this in their back pocket.

We could’ve done the same thing with AB. I’m sure we knew about his civil suit.

I will always believe the Raiders helped put his dirty laundry out in the open as retribution for how he treated them.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    lmao. Your brain has a funny way of always being wrong.
    you can flip a coin and be right half the time.

amazing how Steel Maniac has the ability to be wrong all the time.
    Steel Maniac predicted no RBs would be chosen in the 1st round, so of course we selected:

1(24) Najee Harris RB Alabama

Starter

User Info Menu

This kills his trade value. No one will want him with this lingering over his head.
    Exactly. A me too QB, who has more problems with women than AB? Which team wants that? His trade value took a huge hit.
    Plan to spend 75 million in cap space in 2022 ( most in the NFL ) and use the 2 comp picks ( 3rd and 5th ) for a killer 2022 draft. We will be back hopefully with better coaching.