Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 1st Cut Projecting Comp Picks

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_george View Post
    All I know is I hope we use a future picks from 2022, to trade up to get back in the 2nd this year, if we can't trade back from the 1st.
    That would be bold. But if it's the right stud, I'd applaud Colbert for getting his guy.
    From the 2010-2020 season, (A 10 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks.

Dolphin fans in the 90ís who wanted to hold on to Don Shula for what he did in the playoffs in the 70ís...
    Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2020 ) holding on to Tomlin for what he did in 2008, with Cowher's players & coaches

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_george View Post
    All I know is I hope we use a future picks from 2022, to trade up to get back in the 2nd this year, if we can't trade back from the 1st.
    I wouldn't mind trading back in the first this year.

but I would rather use any 2022 picks to trade up next year for our next possible franchise QB.
    Steel Maniac predicted no RBs would be chosen in the 1st round, so of course we selected:

1(24) Najee Harris RB Alabama

Legend

User Info Menu

Rooney himself said they are on a multi-year process for the offense. Start with the foundation this season, add some floors next, then finish with the penthouse in 2023.

Ya know, it just occurred to me that Tomlin can no longer have a 0.500 record in a season. An odd number of games guarantees this.

Legend

User Info Menu

Sounds like Over the Cap is predicting we get 2 comp picks now that the signing period is over.
    3rd round (Bud)
    5th round (Feiler)

https://overthecap.com/compensatory-picks/

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post
    Sounds like Over the Cap is predicting we get 2 comp picks now that the signing period is over.
    3rd round (Bud)
    5th round (Feiler)

https://overthecap.com/compensatory-picks/
    Give then time to update the list. We should get something for Big Al
    Plan to spend 75 million in cap space in 2022 ( most in the NFL ) and use the 2 comp picks ( 3rd and 5th ) for a killer 2022 draft. We will be back hopefully with better coaching.

Benchwarmer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Joel Buchsbaum View Post
    we won't, he was signed after May 1

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Joel Buchsbaum View Post
    per my previous post; the Ravens intentionally waited until after the deadline. Screws the Steelers and also doesn't count against the Ravens' comps... smart stuff.

Legend

User Info Menu

damn the ravens get a 4th rd comp pick for cully taking the head coaches job in houston?

Assistant head coach, wide receivers coach & passing game coordinator
    they're probably happy to get rid of him, has he bettered any receiver they've recently drafted?

lamaar was 22 nd in passing yards. just ahead of burrows in 10 games, wentz in 12 games, and nick mullens in 8 games

that comp pick they got is a joke

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    Rooney himself said they are on a multi-year process for the offense. Start with the foundation this season, add some floors next, then finish with the penthouse in 2023.

Ya know, it just occurred to me that Tomlin can no longer have a 0.500 record in a season. An odd number of games guarantees this.
    Not so fast my friend. That is not true about the .500 record.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Iron City Inc. View Post
    Not so fast my friend. That is not true about the .500 record.
    correct.

8-8-1
    Steel Maniac predicted no RBs would be chosen in the 1st round, so of course we selected:

1(24) Najee Harris RB Alabama