Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Ju Ju to 49ers

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I truly believe Highsmith will blossom into a star for the Steelers. I was impressed with his play last season.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    The issue with Bud is less being unmotivated after getting his payday, but more about not being able to come back to the same level after the injury
    True indeed.
    Tomlinís coming back so what can you do?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    I think its bogus to suggest Bud would disappear once paid. Why? What makes you think he is that type of player?

All he did was get better the more he played yet its used against him.

Iím rooting for Highsmith. He went to UNCC right up the street from my house. But I havenít seen anything that suggest he is a star in the making just yet.

I agree 100% on JuJu. I think we can easily replace his production.
    What makes me believe that is that he wasn't a good player until he is approaching payday. Maybe a coincidence but it's a feeling. Guess we will know next season.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    What makes me believe that is that he wasn't a good player until he is approaching payday. Maybe a coincidence but it's a feeling. Guess we will know next season.
    He had TWO good seasons. They drafted Watt (who draws attention), swapped his position to one more suited to his abilities, and stopped putting him in coverage so frequently his numbers went up.

He always appeared to try hard, and ALMOST make the play.

I would suggest any decline would be because he is gonna get more attention and whatever injury might do to him long term.

I think we all recall Woodleys decline after getting paid and they play the same position.

But Woodley flashed from his rookie season.

Woodley though was ALWAYS lazy. Came in fat and got in shape as the season wore on, thus was a playoff beast. His post pay decline makes sense as he was never inclined to keep himself in shape.

But Dupree seems like a hard worker all the time

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Just like I said.
    Checked all the boxes for leaving Pitt.
    Update:
    In the last decade, 25% of the league has won a super bowl(the Steelers aren't one of them) and now 50% have as many or more playoff wins as the Steelers.

Legend

User Info Menu

I'm going to go with coincidence. Bud was never a guy who looked like he was mailing it in. Even before he started producing he looked like he was going all out. My bigger concern if I'm the Titans is that the Steelers did everything that they could to help him succeed. He changed sides, got a superstar opposite him, a stud with him on the same side. Is he maybe a system player? Did he only succeed because of what the Steelers created for him? I would think not, but you never know.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    Just like I said.
    Checked all the boxes for leaving Pitt.
    The biggest box he checked was for himself;

Good for him.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    The biggest box he checked was for himself;

Good for him.
    Oh, all the boxes checked were all for him.
    He really hit the jackpot.
    Money, better weather, home team, team going in right direction, better HC, better market to promote himself, better nightlife. He hit it all.
    Update:
    In the last decade, 25% of the league has won a super bowl(the Steelers aren't one of them) and now 50% have as many or more playoff wins as the Steelers.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    Oh, all the boxes checked were all for him.
    He really hit the jackpot.
    Money, better weather, home team, team going in right direction, better HC, better market to promote himself, better nightlife. He hit it all.
    One day when they win a SB they will have half the rings Tomlin has.

But you seem mighty impressed. Almost envious of Dupree.

But remember my brother fandom has no contracts, no salary cap.
    You are free to root for a team that you believe in despite its inferior history.

There is plenty of room if you want to join him.

https://gotitans.com/forums/tennesse...nd-nfl-talk.2/

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

you really think he dogged it until
    it was time to get paid? C’mon... that sounds crazy.

Dupree was a guy who was always close to making a play on the QB and once he switched sides it all came together for him.

Always cracks me up when people suggest players loaf until contract time like its that easy to turn it on and dominate.
    Tomlinís coming back so what can you do?