Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Mason Rudolph is quietly gaining leverage against the Steelers

Starter

User Info Menu

I would trade Rudolph right now . A 3rd round pick would be sweet. Heck I'd take a 4th round pick for him. Let me extend this thought. I'll take a 5th round pick for him if that's all we can get. And if we cant't get that, what is his worth?

He's NOT a starter and just an average back up. Rudy is not worth what he will be asking for on his next contract.

If the right guy is there at pick #24 ( Mac Jones ) take him.
    Plan to spend 75 million in cap space in 2022 ( most in the NFL ) and use the 2 comp picks ( 3rd and 5th ) for a killer 2022 draft. We will be back hopefully with better coaching.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Joel Buchsbaum View Post
    I would trade Rudolph right now . A 3rd round pick would be sweet. Heck I'd take a 4th round pick for him. Let me extend this thought. I'll take a 5th round pick for him if that's all we can get. And if we cant't get that, what is his worth?

He's NOT a starter and just an average back up. Rudy is not worth what he will be asking for on his next contract.

I'm not ready to throw him under any bus yet. He did OK before being injured and replaced by Duck. He also did OK last season as needed. I think that he won a legit chance for himself.
    Steel City Mafia
    So Cal Boss (Ret)
    [URL]http://www.anewsong.com[/URL]

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    not true.

Sam Howell, Spencer Rattler, Kedon Slovis, Bo Nix and Tyler Shough are all very good QBs in the 2022 draft.
    I've seen Howell play a few times. He probably a top 5 pick next year. He's built like a full back, but can he throw it with really good accuracy, has a good arm, and can run, well like I said a big back can.

As for draftable QB's in general they are better in general thanks to better OC's and QB camps / private tutoring to sharpen their skills at the high school level. Who might get some private tutoring? Well Lawerence did, but I'm referring to another one. A Manning.

Eyes are on Archie Manning jr, that's Copper Manning's child, the Manning who gave up football due to injures. As a high school freshman Archie jr is already 6'2"+ and threw for 34 TD's. 34 TD's as a freshman in high school? I never heard of that. No way any freshman was physically ready for Varsity football when I played. Well maybe 1-2 guys were, but they be humbled if they went for it and better off on JV to develop.

Archie is in the 2023 college recruiting class, they will be lining up doing whatever possible to get him to sign. He's a mobile one too, just like Archie sr who played out his NFL career on a very bad New Orleans team.

https://247sports.com/player/arch-manning-46080533/

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/ncaa-football/news/arch-manning-family-tree-high-school-peyton-eli/7dicuduiuovh1ll0g9x8dph5g
    Last edited by Joel Buchsbaum; 03-10-2021 at 11:38 AM.
    Plan to spend 75 million in cap space in 2022 ( most in the NFL ) and use the 2 comp picks ( 3rd and 5th ) for a killer 2022 draft. We will be back hopefully with better coaching.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Djfan View Post
    I'm not ready to throw him under any bus yet. He did OK before being injured and replaced by Duck. He also did OK last season as needed. I think that he won a legit chance for himself.
    I think I've seen enough. He's not the future. The good rookie QB's 2019 have already passed him. Those guys are the future. Move on, and get something for him while we can.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by "BuzzNuter" View Post
    If the Rooney's thought Rudolph was a starter he would be starting. They think he is a backup.
    This is so true and so obvious. The entire article is ridiculous. There is no basis for thinking he has any real value.

Like the league is clamoring for the chance to steal Rudolph?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    The word is next years class blows. So either pull the trigger this year or go the next 4 with Rudolph, at big money, or some backup scrubs on the cheap.
    I think we probably don't know much about next year's class since most of them didn't get to play this year.

Giving Rudolph 4 years at big money would be crazy IMO.

Que up the tank for next season. Unless Haskins is something (which he probably isn't)

Legend

User Info Menu

I would certainly listen to any offers that were out there.

Legend

User Info Menu

I think I've seen enough. He's not the future. The good rookie QB's 2019 have already passed him. Those guys are the future. Move on, and get something for him while we can.
    I doubt he has much value. If we shop him despite having no proven backup we are basically saying he is worthless to us. Why would anybody else trade for him?

Legend

User Info Menu

Make Rudolph a backup $ offer. If he takes it, great. If not, I won’t lose sleep over him leaving.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    I doubt he has much value. If we shop him despite having no proven backup we are basically saying he is worthless to us. Why would anybody else trade for him?
    I dont think we are saying he is worthless..

we just have loyalty to Ben for obvious reasons.

I wonder how many GM’s are thinking we are crazy for holding onto Ben another year after watching last years playoff game a week after Mason had us close to a W.
    Tomlinís coming back so what can you do?