Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 161

Thread: Ben's contract is done

  1. #1
    Pro Bowler

    User Info Menu

    Ben's contract is done

    details forthcoming
    2022 Re-sign Minkah and Watt. Grab a stud LT and ILB in FA (we will have a boatload of cap room). Trade up for a QB





  2. #2
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    this is going to be very interesting.

    we'll soon see if Ben doesn't care about his pay at all this year.

    https://steelersdepot.com/2021/03/st...-new-contract/
    Last edited by hawaiiansteel; 03-04-2021 at 02:22 PM.
    Dolphin fans in the 90’s who wanted to hold on to Don Shula for what he did in the playoffs in the 70’s...

    Were absolutely correct. Miami hasn't won squat ever since Shula left.

  3. #3
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Good.
    Another year with a HOF qb.
    Update:
    In the last decade, 25% of the league has won a super bowl(the Steelers aren't one of them) and now 50% have as many or more playoff wins as the Steelers.

  4. #4
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    this is going to be very interesting.

    we'll soon see if Ben doesn't care about his pay at all this year.

    https://steelersdepot.com/2021/03/st...-new-contract/
    I think it's pretty obvious that comments was less "I'll play for the minimum" and more "I don't care how you move the money you owe me around for salary cap purposes".

    But we'll see soon.

  5. #5
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    In
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post
    I think it's pretty obvious that comments was less "I'll play for the minimum" and more "I don't care how you move the money you owe me around for salary cap purposes".

    But we'll see soon.
    I would agree.
    Anyone that thinks otherwise isn’t very intelligent when it comes to athletes and their money.
    Update:
    In the last decade, 25% of the league has won a super bowl(the Steelers aren't one of them) and now 50% have as many or more playoff wins as the Steelers.

  6. #6
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post
    I think it's pretty obvious that comments was less "I'll play for the minimum" and more "I don't care how you move the money you owe me around for salary cap purposes".

    But we'll see soon.
    Per the Depot link.
    Ben:
    “It is my greatest honor to be a Pittsburgh Steeler and give my all for this organization. I am grateful to be at this stage of my career and more than happy to adjust my contract in a way that best helps the team to address other players who are so vital to our success. I love this game and love to compete, and I believe in this team and my ability to deliver when called upon. It all starts with great preparation and I am ready to go.”

    My guess is that if "adjust my contract" meant "take a pay cut" he would have said it.

    Wonder what this means for Juju. Him saying that he did it for "other players who are so vital" might go with his previous "I'd like Juju back" comment. Or it could just be PR boiler plate.



  7. #7
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    PITTSBURGH -- Ben Roethlisberger is officially back with the Pittsburgh Steelers for the 2021 season.

    The Steelers announced a new contract for the quarterback Thursday afternoon but did not disclose the terms.

    "It is my greatest honor to be a Pittsburgh Steeler and give my all for this organization," Roethlisberger said in a statement issued by the team. "I am grateful to be at this stage of my career and more than happy to adjust my contract in a way that best helps the team address other players who are so vital to our success. I love this game and love to compete, and I believe in this team and my ability to deliver when called upon. It all starts with great preparation and I am ready to go."

    Roethlisberger was previously under contract for the 2021 season, though the team made it clear he could not return with the $41.2 million cap hit.

    "We are excited we were able to come to an agreement with Ben Roethlisberger on a new contract for him to return to the Steelers in 2021," general manager Kevin Colbert said in a statement. "We know that Ben can still play at a high level and do special things for this team. Our goal remains the same -- to put together a roster that will compete for another championship. We are happy that Ben will be one of our leaders to help us accomplish that goal."

    Roethlisberger, who turned 39 earlier this week, threw 33 touchdowns and 10 interceptions last season, his first after major elbow surgery following a season-ending injury in Week 2 of the 2019 season.
    From the 2010-2020 season, (A 10 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks.

    Dolphin fans in the 90’s who wanted to hold on to Don Shula for what he did in the playoffs in the 70’s...
    Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2020 ) holding on to Tomlin for what he did in 2008, with Cowher's players & coaches

  8. #8
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post
    Per the Depot link.
    Ben:
    “It is my greatest honor to be a Pittsburgh Steeler and give my all for this organization. I am grateful to be at this stage of my career and more than happy to adjust my contract in a way that best helps the team to address other players who are so vital to our success. I love this game and love to compete, and I believe in this team and my ability to deliver when called upon. It all starts with great preparation and I am ready to go.”

    My guess is that if "adjust my contract" meant "take a pay cut" he would have said it.

    Wonder what this means for Juju. Him saying that he did it for "other players who are so vital" might go with his previous "I'd like Juju back" comment. Or it could just be PR boiler plate.



    Could that be Ben's boys, including Juju?


  9. #9
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    He nor his agent ever was quoted with the words 'pay cut'... his agent used the words "adjust contract" over a month ago, now Roethlisberger mimicked it when it was all said and done. Just hope the can-kicking was kept to a minimum.

  10. #10
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Terms are not being disclosed. So that tells you all you need to know.
    From the 2010-2020 season, (A 10 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks.

    Dolphin fans in the 90’s who wanted to hold on to Don Shula for what he did in the playoffs in the 70’s...
    Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2020 ) holding on to Tomlin for what he did in 2008, with Cowher's players & coaches

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •