Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What do do with our six picks from rounds 4-7.

Starter

User Info Menu

What do do with our six picks from rounds 4-7.

Draft picks 4A, 4B, 6A, 6B, 7A, and 7B

We have six picks this year in the later rounds, meaning we sure can find the next Kevin Dotson, Jessie James, and Vince Williams. If we get lucky if could be the next WIlliam Gay, and insanely lucky, the next Antiono Brown. Thanks to free agency, we should have lots of open roster spots.

Of Course the above names are all " hits " for later rounds pick, so how should we spend them?

Offense

QB - No. Even if Ben leaves, no

RB - Maybe. If we do not spend a top 3 pick on a running back, yes.

TE - Yes, the depth here is awful. Not an Ebron fan, just make sure the guy can block.

OL - Yes, you can find a starter in these rounds.

WR - Yes. If the right slot receiver is on the board late, why not.

FB - No.

Defense

DL - Yes. A big DT who can push the pocket and stand his ground vs the run is a need.

OLB - No, but we do need some depth here.

ILB - Maybe, but he needs to be able to play ST.

CB - Yes. We are likely to lose 1 or 2 players in free agency.

S - Yes, we might lose Edmunds and have little depth behind him.

Special teams.

Kicker - No

Punter - Yes. We can save on the cap here and upgrade at the same time.

Long snapper - No, but we should bring in the best one for camp as Canaday is suspect and adds virtually nothing to kick coverage.
    Last edited by Joel Buchsbaum; 02-22-2021 at 11:31 AM.
    Plan to spend 75 million in cap space in 2022 ( most in the NFL ) and use the 2 comp picks ( 3rd and 5th ) for a killer 2022 draft. We will be back hopefully with better coaching.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

This is exactly why I want to trade up for a qb this year.
    Plenty of picks to fill lots of spots.
    Plus lots of picks next year and a ton of cap.
    I agree with almost all of your positions except punter and rb.
    I’m tired of wasting picks on rbs in those rounds and never playing them .
    Update:
    In the last decade, 25% of the league has won a super bowl(the Steelers aren't one of them) and now 50% have as many or more playoff wins as the Steelers.

Legend

User Info Menu

I think late picks should be almost purely BPA...or maybe at this point in the draft it's biggest upside available.

These guys are all unlikely to make big impact.

So take the guys you think have the highest possible ceiling and hope for the best.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

late picks should be WR, DB, OL and LB depth
    Last edited by feltdizz; 02-22-2021 at 01:17 PM.
    Tomlinís coming back so what can you do?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

4a.) Kylin Hill, (RB), Mississippi State
    4b.) Baron Brown, (ILB), Ohio State
    6a.)Tedarrell Slaton, (NT), Florida State
    6b.) Tre Nixon, (WR), UCF WR UAB
    7a.) Quincy Roche, (OLB), Miami
    7b.) Max Duffy, (P), Kentucky

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    This is exactly why I want to trade up for a qb this year.
    Plenty of picks to fill lots of spots.
    Plus lots of picks next year and a ton of cap.
    I agree with almost all of your positions except punter and rb.
    I’m tired of wasting picks on rbs in those rounds and never playing them .
    I am for picking RB in round 1 or 3. If not afterward. Conner is NOT a starter. Neither is Snell.

Berry has been below average doing his tenure here and is a little expensive. For right punter on the the board, I'd part with a 6th round pick o get him. To me is the easiest position to scout.

I think we can get Lance OR Jones in round one. Or Trask in round two, maybe with a extra draft pick thrown in.
    Plan to spend 75 million in cap space in 2022 ( most in the NFL ) and use the 2 comp picks ( 3rd and 5th ) for a killer 2022 draft. We will be back hopefully with better coaching.

Legend

User Info Menu

Load up on OL. Throw in a WR and LB for depth since we are likely losing Bud and JuJu.

Starter

User Info Menu

Although I love thinking about who we’ll get in rounds 4-7, who we take will have so much to do with 1) who we lost, 2) who we gained as FA (maybe not this year?), and 3) who is available. Those things are impossible to predict beforehand, so to some degree, BPA is a good strategy as their are always some Day Two guys that drop and some late risers that sneak in.

I just hope they take what comes to them and don’t over analyze it. If you have a position to fill but no one worthwhile to fill it, don’t reach, just add a good player at another position.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Joel Buchsbaum View Post
    I am for picking RB in round 1 or 3. If not afterward. Conner is NOT a starter. Neither is Snell.

Berry has been below average doing his tenure here and is a little expensive. For right punter on the the board, I'd part with a 6th round pick o get him. To me is the easiest position to scout.

I think we can get Lance OR Jones in round one. Or Trask in round two, maybe with a extra draft pick thrown in.
    Berry was fine when he returned. I would not spend a draft pick on a punter this year unless he was all world.. and even then, no thanks
    Tomlinís coming back so what can you do?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Joel Buchsbaum View Post
    Draft picks 4A, 4B, 6A, 6B, 7A, and 7B

We have six picks this year in the later rounds, meaning we sure can find the next Kevin Dotson, Jessie James, and Vince Williams. If we get lucky if could be the next WIlliam Gay, and insanely lucky, the next Antiono Brown. Thanks to free agency, we should have lots of open roster spots.
    If we get one starter from rounds 4-7, we should consider ourselves lucky. Reality is, those lower-round players are most likely to be depth pieces (which we can certainly use), if they even make the team.