Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Najee Harris is SPECIAL

Legend

User Info Menu

Najee Harris is SPECIAL

The more I study Harris the more I like him. 6 foot 2 230 but terrific balance due to thick lower half. Despite not being a blazer he has elite athleticism and short area quickness. His feet remind me of Bettis. The way he microsteps to find cracks in the D is old school Bettis. He has terrific hands, power for days--guy is an absolute bulldozer. His vision and patience are elite. He will be a VERY special back in the NFL. And I pray he is our pick.

Legend

User Info Menu

I agree and think if Harris is still there when we pick at #24 that he will be our selection.
    Steel Maniac predicted no RBs would be chosen in the 1st round, so of course we selected:

1(24) Najee Harris RB Alabama

Benchwarmer

User Info Menu

Wouldnt make me mad either, that said if both are available, I would rather have Etienne. He has insane speed. Homerun type speed.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelguin View Post
    Wouldnt make me mad either, that said if both are available, I would rather have Etienne. He has insane speed. Homerun type speed.
    Eiienne does have home run speed. Who's better could depend on the man calling the plays, and OL blocking style. Do you want a chain mover, or a guy who's is easier to stop, but might hit a homer more often. I'd be happy with either player.
    Last edited by Joel Buchsbaum; 04-13-2021 at 04:56 PM.
    Plan to spend 75 million in cap space in 2022 ( most in the NFL ) and use the 2 comp picks ( 3rd and 5th ) for a killer 2022 draft. We will be back hopefully with better coaching.

Benchwarmer

User Info Menu

I think it would be nice to have a RB that wont get caught from behind once he is past the LB's. Been quite a while since we had that type of speed at RB

Legend

User Info Menu

I think he’s a better prospect coming out than Henry was.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    I agree and think if Harris is still there when we pick at #24 that he will be our selection.
    I think so too, even though I would generally prefer not to draft a RB because it's kind of a luxury pick.

But it should ultimately depend on how the team views the value of the actual player, not the position. So I'll be OK if it happens (even though I hope someone else takes him off the board first)

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

He'd be a nice Toy
    But I'm thinking OT and OC in the first 2 rounds. Ben and our future QBs will need them.
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Benchwarmer

User Info Menu

If Harris is there at 18 to 20 , I think we will think about moving up to get him. I believe he is the back the Steelers covet. He will be our 1st rd pick. Connor is now gone and Snell is not a bellcow guy.

Legend

User Info Menu

My preference would be to get a free agent back (they are cheap) and go oline in the draft. But as we are not pursuing free agents, I agree we are looking to draft one.

As our cupboards will be so bare I won't hate the pick if it is a back.