Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Getting to know 2021 Steelers draft prospect Creed Humphrey

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelerkeylargo View Post
    33" vertical. Wow. Just got harder to wait till 55
    Thank you Largo, as I said before workouts matter. Or as you said, " Wow " it just got harder to wait until #55. Translation, see what a good workout can do?

Heck yes workouts matter. And no way he'll last to pick #55 after this workout. Humphrey might sneak in to round one. A team like Kansas City or Green Bay, who's too cheap to retain a very good center in free agency might pick him. I view Humphrey as a plug and play type who will fit many blocking schemes. As good as he is at Center, I really like him at Guard. With his power, why burden him with a snap? Just let him do this thing at guard and bingo, he'll generate push for the running game.

On vertical leaps for lineman, I don't go gaga over that drill. To me the shuttle, cone, and 40, and 10 second split ( If you want a mobile man capable of getting to the 2nd level ) are more important. Those drills to me were a revelation. The arms are a little short, everything else is good. If he had 32+ inches arms, he's a first round guy. He'll need to make sure longer armed played don't get into his chest, but thanks to his background he should be able to compensate.

If you want to draft a center in round two and not " overdraft "anyone while doing it, this guy will do. IMO he might even have a great ceiling.

" Tipping the scales at 320 pounds, Meinerz was timed as fast as 4.86 seconds in the forty with a 10-yard split of 1.73 seconds. His short shuttle was timed at 4.47 seconds and his three-cone was timed 7.33 seconds. He touched 32 inches on the vertical jump and 9-feet-3-inches on the board jump." I read he put up 225 pounds 35 times in another article and he does intend to do this exercise when he has heal. You have been doing this for a while, I never saw a man that size/weight move so well at center....ever. In case you wondering he has 33' arms, which is passable for tackle and huge 10.25" hands. Being out of football for a year and playing where he did, he going to take some time to be ready.

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/quinn-meinerz-kansas-state-pro-day-2021-nfl-draft/
    Last edited by Joel Buchsbaum; 03-15-2021 at 07:55 AM.
    Plan to spend 75 million in cap space in 2022 ( most in the NFL ) and use the 2 comp picks ( 3rd and 5th ) for a killer 2022 draft. We will be back hopefully with better coaching.

Legend

User Info Menu

Hadn't seen this writeup before but after reading it, man I think the Steelers need to think long and hard about grabbing a center in Rd 1. I didn't think the drop-off from Pouncey was that great but I stand corrected. Although there may be some other factors contributing as well.

https://www.behindthesteelcurtain.co...urkice-pouncey

Legend

User Info Menu

Jim Nagy@JimNagy_SB

Mar 12

One of the easiest checks-all-the-boxes prospects to scout/project in this year’s draft is Oklahoma OC Creed Humphrey. Crushed his pro-day this morning. If you need a starting center in 2021 take him and shore up the position for the next 7-10 years.

https://twitter.com/JimNagy_SB/statu...5Es1_&ref_url=
    Steel Maniac predicted no RBs would be chosen in the 1st round, so of course we selected:

1(24) Najee Harris RB Alabama

Legend

User Info Menu

the top free agent centers still available are:

David Andrews
    Austin Reiter
    Nick Martin

if we don't sign one of these 3 guys we will be forced to find our starting center early in the draft.

no way do we want BJ Finney to be our starting center this year.
    Steel Maniac predicted no RBs would be chosen in the 1st round, so of course we selected:

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    the top free agent centers still available are:

David Andrews
    Austin Reiter
    Nick Martin

if we don't sign one of these 3 guys we will be forced to find our starting center early in the draft.

no way do we want BJ Finney to be our starting center this year.
    No worries hawaiian...Klemm will coach him up

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    cool, we won't need to draft any OL then this year

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    I heard Klemm mentored the legendary Liam Neeson who coached both Batman and Darth Vader. Two ball and gold icons : ) Could you imagine what would happen to a ref that dares to call holding? The opposing defenders will be in fear. Our OL is going to be total bad @ss unit. I can't wait until the Cleveland game. I don't care is Kendall Gammon comes out of retirement to be our center.
    Last edited by Joel Buchsbaum; 03-22-2021 at 02:13 PM.
    Plan to spend 75 million in cap space in 2022 ( most in the NFL ) and use the 2 comp picks ( 3rd and 5th ) for a killer 2022 draft. We will be back hopefully with better coaching.

Legend

User Info Menu

24. Pittsburgh Steelers: Creed Humphrey, OC, Oklahoma

He was already considered the top center in the class before he tested as the most athletic center in RAS history. Now, there is no question he’s deserving of a first-round selection. Creed Humphrey flashed as a redshirt freshman on the country’s best offensive line a few years back. The Steelers must establish themselves at the line of scrimmage again, and he allows them to accomplish that.

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/2...iller-march/2/

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

You guys make it hard not want a center early in this draft, I want to go RB, ILB, DB, OT/OC all with the 1st four picks.

RB has the biggest drop off after Harris, Williams, Eteinne, and don't think they will last till 55.
    ILB and DB is pretty rich in the 2nd and 3rd rounds. ( great value there)
    OT depth might run all the way to the 6th, OC is the big unknown, keeps fluctuating, with Meyers, Hill, Meinerez, Green all could be still there in the 4th (great value since all could be potential starters day 1, 10 year players)

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_george View Post
    You guys make it hard not want a center early in this draft, I want to go RB, ILB, DB, OT/OC all with the 1st four picks.

RB has the biggest drop off after Harris, Williams, Eteinne, and don't think they will last till 55.
    ILB and DB is pretty rich in the 2nd and 3rd rounds. ( great value there)
    OT depth might run all the way to the 6th, OC is the big unknown, keeps fluctuating, with Meyers, Hill, Meinerez, Green all could be still there in the 4th (great value since all could be potential starters day 1, 10 year players)
    I think one of those 3 RB's could be there at 55. OT depth is great this year. Probably ends in round 4 maybe early round 5. I don't think there are many centers that would beat out Finney for week 1 starter. Certainly not Green or Hill. Humphrey and Dickerson for sure. In the past 10 years only 7 centers have been drafted in round 1.
    2022 Re-sign Minkah and Watt. Grab a stud LT and ILB in FA (we will have a boatload of cap room). Trade up for a QB