Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Will Dwayne Haskins Will Beat Out Mason Rudolph For Backup QB Role?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    This is how I feel. I hate to say it, but besides the arm, I have never felt like MR had "it".

On the flip side, I question Haskins mental game and arm accuracy.
    Accuracy? You mean the guy who threw close to 70% in college? He's plenty accurate when he knows what he is seeing. The mental game yes...that's what needs work.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    Accuracy? You mean the guy who threw close to 70% in college? He's plenty accurate when he knows what he is seeing. The mental game yes...that's what needs work.
    We'll see if he puts in the work. he'll get schooled up here for a period and then we'll see what he's got.
    From the 2010-2020 season, (A 10 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks.

Dolphin fans in the 90ís who wanted to hold on to Don Shula for what he did in the playoffs in the 70ís...
    Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2020 ) holding on to Tomlin for what he did in 2008, with Cowher's players & coaches

Legend

User Info Menu

I personally don't believe it had anything to do with a toxic culture. I think it had to do with the structure of the offense, and that lack of accountability and maturity. People do get kicks in the pants and grow up. He got a swift kick and appears to be saying and doing the right things. He definitely has NFL talent. So lets see how this plays out.
    Agreed. Now if you told me he was exposed to an 'enabling environment', that might be something to consider. My take on an enabling environment is one that encourages behavior you are already prone to. It's not a root cause. Glad to hear he is taking some steps for improvement. Hope to see if he can improve the mental part of his game, especially passing under pressure.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    Agreed. Now if you told me he was exposed to an 'enabling environment', that might be something to consider. My take on an enabling environment is one that encourages behavior you are already prone to. It's not a root cause. Glad to hear he is taking some steps for improvement. Hope to see if he can improve the mental part of his game, especially passing under pressure.
    I heard Haskins is from MD and may have been too close to home and family.

but I think Snyder demanding they draft Haskins enabled him a bit. I’m sure Snyder was telling coaches to start Haskins.

There were rumors RG3 wasn’t liked by teammates because he would go above the head coach, directly to Snyder to complain. If you don’t respect the chain of command it makes it hard to coach a guy up.

Now Haskins is in am environment where he has to prove his worth. Which is a good thing.
    Tomlinís coming back so what can you do?

Legend

User Info Menu

Not commenting on his college play. Iíve seen him in some pro games be all over the place with his passes.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    Not commenting on his college play. I’ve seen him in some pro games be all over the place with his passes.
    If you don't know where a receiver is supposed to be that can cause problems. With that said, I think he still threw like 60+% in the NFL. He is very accurate, but needs to know the O which he obviously didn't. I think that's the only problem with Haskins.