Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: Will Dwayne Haskins Will Beat Out Mason Rudolph For Backup QB Role?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelBucks View Post
    I’m extremely interested to see how Haskins does in camp. He’s already doing the right things...no interviews and is in California training.
    me too.

Rivera has acknowledged that Haskins has NFL talent and a NFL arm.

I would rather try to develop a physically talented young QB with maturity issues than a choirboy with a noodle arm.
    Last edited by hawaiiansteel; 03-14-2021 at 06:03 PM.
    Dolphin fans in the 90ís who wanted to hold on to Don Shula for what he did in the playoffs in the 70ís...

Were absolutely correct. Miami hasn't won squat ever since Shula left.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    Loaded question.

Again, let me ask you why hasn’t anything consistently thrived in that organization since 1999? I don’t know if your aware of a phrase called “ bad work environment “ but it exist. And that’s what’s been going on.

Another old saying you should familiarize yourself with:

When it stinks, it stinks from the head down.” The redskins have stank for over 20 years
    Isn't the knock on Haskins that he was friends with the owner and his son so he got what he wanted and didn't feel like he had to work?

It sounds like you're painting him out to be the "victim of the toxic culture" in Washington or something.

Sounds like he was treated more like the prince than the pauper.

I think it's just that he did the kind of thing you'd expect a young kid that becomes an instant multimillionaire to do. I think of myself as a hard working, mostly straight laced person, but I'm fairly sure that getting $10M in a year as a 22 year old would have screwed me up mentally (and I probably would have screwed myself up physically too).

Hopefully lighting his career on fire scares him straight. But if not, there's no real risk for the team.

If he can focus on being the best QB he can be, we might have a huge win here. And he's still going to be cheap for a year after next season.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    me too.

Rivera has acknowledged that Haskins has NFL talent and a NFL arm.

I would rather try to develop a physically talented young QB with maturity issues than a choirboy with a noodle arm.
    Yep.

Crossing all my fingers and toes here.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelBucks View Post
    The knock on Washington is they canít develop QBs. Alex Smith was already a proven player pre-leg injury.

Iím extremely interested to see how Haskins does in camp. Heís already doing the right things...no interviews and is in California training.
    Good. Then he is learning to do the stuff he should have been doing since getting drafted.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post
    Isn't the knock on Haskins that he was friends with the owner and his son so he got what he wanted and didn't feel like he had to work?

It sounds like you're painting him out to be the "victim of the toxic culture" in Washington or something.

I think it's just that he did the kind of thing you'd expect a young kid that becomes an instant multimillionaire to do. I think of myself as a hard working, mostly straight laced person, but I'm fairly sure that getting $10M in a year as a 22 year old would have screwed me up mentally (and I probably would have screwed myself up physically too).

Hopefully lighting his career on fire scares him straight. But if not, there's no real risk for the team.

If he can focus on being the best QB he can be, we might have a huge win here. And he's still going to be cheap for a year after next season.
    Look at the functioning of that franchise since he bought them. Every player and coach has been a victim and a place where players careers either go to die or a place they quickly get out of if their of any substance.

It’s not fair to judge any player or coach because that franchise is a joke.
    From the 2010-2020 season, (A 10 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks.

Dolphin fans in the 90ís who wanted to hold on to Don Shula for what he did in the playoffs in the 70ís...
    Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2020 ) holding on to Tomlin for what he did in 2008, with Cowher's players & coaches

Legend

User Info Menu

Look at the functioning of that franchise since he bought them. Every player and coach has been a victim and a place where players careers either go to die or a place they quickly get out of if their of any substance.
    not true.

Chase Young won the AP Defensive Rookie of the Year award and Brandon Scherff is a 4x All-Pro.

Were absolutely correct. Miami hasn't won squat ever since Shula left.

Legend

User Info Menu

It’s not fair to judge any player or coach because that franchise is a joke.
    Kirk Cousins was hardly a victim. He did well enough to earn a nice FA contract from the Vikings.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    Kirk Cousins was hardly a victim. He did well enough to earn a nice FA contract from the Vikings.
    They're a team that makes bad decisions (drafting, FA, and coaching hires).

Players aren't victims when they fail to capitalize on the opportunities they were given IMO.

Haskins proved to be one of those bad decisions.

But now he has a chance to turn it around.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post

This is how I feel. I hate to say it, but besides the arm, I have never felt like MR had "it".

On the flip side, I question Haskins mental game and arm accuracy.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post

I personally don't believe it had anything to do with a toxic culture. I think it had to do with the structure of the offense, and that lack of accountability and maturity. People do get kicks in the pants and grow up. He got a swift kick and appears to be saying and doing the right things. He definitely has NFL talent. So lets see how this plays out.