Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: Steelers sing haskins

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Haskins will never be more than a mediocre QB in the NFL...if that. Can't get by on physical talent alone. Got to have the smarts to be successful in the NFL and haskins hasn't shown he has that.
    Ill give him a chance before burying him. He’s only 24. The change in scenery and coaches can work wonders.

Legend

User Info Menu

Haskins will never be more than a mediocre QB in the NFL...if that. Can't get by on physical talent alone. Got to have the smarts to be successful in the NFL and haskins hasn't shown he has that.
    well that settles it.
    Tomlin’s coming back so what can you do?

Legend

User Info Menu

Unfortunately, this is the most likely outcome.

Hopefully he can beat the odds.

Legend

User Info Menu

I'm so glad you believe that. Because you are so often wrong that if you supported Haskins it would be the kiss of death.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post
    Unfortunately, this is the most likely outcome.

Hopefully he can beat the odds.
    It doesn't take any scouting talent to be a nay sayer about a QB and predicting failure. Mathematically speaking that's the way to go. But, if Haskins doesn't succeed it's not because he doesn't have elite NFL talent. It's because he doesn't do the work to understand the NFL game and the PB. I don't know where his head is at. It's my only concern. I know how good this guy is. He throws one of the prettiest balls into tight pockets. He is a 3-4 deep read QB. His head is on a swivel with elite arm talent. His issue and only issue has been maturity and sloth. We shall see how much he wants this.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    I swear I'm not stalking.
    The creepiest part of this post...seems like a guy who's said that before.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    It doesn't take any scouting talent to be a nay sayer about a QB and predicting failure. Mathematically speaking that's the way to go. But, if Haskins doesn't succeed it's not because he doesn't have elite NFL talent. It's because he doesn't do the work to understand the NFL game and the PB. I don't know where his head is at. It's my only concern. I know how good this guy is. He throws one of the prettiest balls into tight pockets. He is a 3-4 deep read QB. His head is on a swivel with elite arm talent. His issue and only issue has been maturity and sloth. We shall see how much he wants this.
    I agree that failure at QB is the expected outcome for most guys. Even though drafted highly in the 1st.

And I bet that the odds of success are even lower than normal for highly drafted guys that get cut (not even traded) in the middle of their cheap rookie contracts.

I really hope that he works out.

Just like I was hoping that Paxton Lynch worked out.

It makes sense to take flyers on these high pedigree cast offs. But you have to understand that you're buying penny stocks.

On the "bright side" betting on Haskins is probably more like betting 00 on roulette (unlikely but it happens) than betting a flipped coin lands on it's edge (statistically not exactly impossible).

Legend

User Info Menu

It doesn't take any scouting talent to be a nay sayer about a QB and predicting failure. Mathematically speaking that's the way to go.
    you're right. the same can be said for those who each season predict the failure of a HC and then pat themselves on the back for being correct:

"It doesn't take any talent to be a nay sayer about a HC and predicting failure. Mathematically speaking that's the way to go."

Legend

User Info Menu

I'm so glad you believe that. Because you are so often wrong that if you supported Haskins it would be the kiss of death.
    From the 2010-2020 season, (A 10 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks.

Dolphin fans in the 90’s held on to Don Shula for too long for what he did in the playoffs in the 70’s...
    Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2020 ) holding on to Tomlin for too long for what he did in 2008, with Cowher's players & coaches.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    you would be the one who knows about being wrong all the time.

why don't you tell us again about how Cowher was the better coach because he drafted earlier than Tomlin