Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 41

Thread: Most embarrassing playoff loss since last Super Bowl?

  1. #1
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Most embarrassing playoff loss since last Super Bowl?

    2020: 48-37 loss to a coach-less Clowns?

    2017: 45-42 loss to the Jagoffs?

    2016: 36-17 beatdown from the cheaters?

    2015: 23-16 loss to Manning's Donks?

    2014: 30-17 loss to the Rats?

    2011: 29-23 to Tim Freakin' Tebow's Donks in OT?

    Some of these have become a blur. The stand-outs are: This season, loss to the Jagoffs and loss to Tebow.

    At least the loss to the Jags was at the divisional round. This loss in the wildcard round to a coach-less and depleted Clowns team, I think, is the most embarrassing.

  2. #2
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Eich View Post
    2020: 48-37 loss to a coach-less Clowns?

    2017: 45-42 loss to the Jagoffs?

    2016: 36-17 beatdown from the cheaters?

    2015: 23-16 loss to Manning's Donks?

    2014: 30-17 loss to the Rats?

    2011: 29-23 to Tim Freakin' Tebow's Donks in OT?

    Some of these have become a blur. The stand-outs are: This season, loss to the Jagoffs and loss to Tebow.

    At least the loss to the Jags was at the divisional round. This loss in the wildcard round to a coach-less and depleted Clowns team, I think, is the most embarrassing.
    this one is probably the most embarrassing but unfortunately I think we were prepared for it based on the play down the stretch.
    Tomlinís coming back so what can you do?


  3. #3
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    this one is probably the most embarrassing but unfortunately I think we were prepared for it based on the play down the stretch.
    Yeah - I didn't really see the turnover machine coming for the Jags loss. That was a bizarre game.

  4. #4
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    I think this one set some ugly records.

    No team has ever scored 28 first quarter points in a playoff game.

    No team has ever gone 11-0 and not won a playoff game, I think.

    There must be more embarrassing records in this bizarre season.

    You look at the boxscore and we weren't really dominated in any area except turnovers. Of course, the boxscore doesn't show the domination at the line of scrimmage.

  5. #5
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Eich View Post
    I think this one set some ugly records.

    No team has ever scored 28 first quarter points in a playoff game.
    when we were down 28-0 at the end of the first quarter I didn't really feel embarrassment.

    more like shock.
    Dolphin fans in the 90ís who wanted to hold on to Don Shula for what he did in the playoffs in the 70ís...

    Were absolutely correct. Miami hasn't won squat ever since Shula left.

  6. #6
    Pro Bowler

    User Info Menu

    For me that playoff loss to Tebow and the Broncos stands out to me as the most embarrassing in my lifetime. The Steelers made Tebow look like a legit NFL quarterback for one pathetic day.

  7. #7
    Pro Bowler

    User Info Menu

    So many to choose from lol...Idk, I'll go with last night because of all the bad things the Browns had going for them...And still whipped our Asses!

  8. #8
    Starter

    User Info Menu

    I think losing to the Patriots was the worst because we were not even competitive. Last night, the Steelers had a mini-comeback and made the game interesting. All of these losses were pathetically bad in their own way, but when you are never really in the game at all it feels worse to me.

  9. #9
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    I thought the Tebow playoff game was the worst until last night. Last night was the worst loss under Tomlin....and it's not even close.

  10. #10
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by SteelBucks View Post
    I thought the Tebow playoff game was the worst until last night. Last night was the worst loss under Tomlin....and it's not even close.
    I agree, 28-0 at the end of the first quarter?
    Dolphin fans in the 90ís who wanted to hold on to Don Shula for what he did in the playoffs in the 70ís...

    Were absolutely correct. Miami hasn't won squat ever since Shula left.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •