Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Tomlin on how to fix the dropped passes

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    Really North?
    I dont know where he is going but it AINT changing his mind on his feelings about Tomlin.

Sarcasm, punchline. Something is coming.
    He set the stage for a response like yours...he is about to swing.

LOL... I was setting him up for the slam.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    I want Tomlin to stay another 3-4 years.
    you should.

because according to your sig we will never win another Super Bowl without Tomlin just like the Dolphins have never sniffed another Super Bowl ever since Don Shula left.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    you should.

because according to your sig we will never win another Super Bowl without Tomlin just like the Dolphins have never sniffed another Super Bowl ever since Don Shula left.
    Maniacs sig says the steelers can’t win a super bowl without Tomlin?
    Update:
    In the last decade, 25% of the league has won a super bowl(the Steelers aren't one of them) and now 50% have as many or more playoff wins as the Steelers.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    Maniacs sig says the steelers can’t win a super bowl without Tomlin?
    yes, it's a lousy analogy.

but then Steel Maniac isn't that smart so it's not surprising.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    yes, it's a lousy analogy.

but then Steel Maniac isn't that smart so it's not surprising.
    You aren’t smart enough to realize anyone can read his sig and know it doesn’t say what you said it does.
    Update:
    In the last decade, 25% of the league has won a super bowl(the Steelers aren't one of them) and now 50% have as many or more playoff wins as the Steelers.

Legend

User Info Menu

How can he prove he’s a total and complete fraud if he doesn’t go another 3/4 years? After those additional years of failure , even you guys will be begging for him to leave. And then we all can be on the same page for once. If Rooney is good with consistent post season failure , I might as well find the silver lining in it.
    Last edited by Captain Lemming; 03-16-2021 at 11:44 PM.

Legend

User Info Menu

Diontae Johnson uses tennis ball machine to work on drops

Posted by Mike Florio on June 19, 2021

Steelers receiver Diontae Johnson led the league in drops last season. To kick his drops habit, Johnson worked with tennis balls.

Via Joe Rutter of the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review, Johnson purchased a tennis ball machine and practiced catching the tiny, fuzzy spheres shot therefrom.

ďItís a smaller target so you have to really focus on the ball and the object coming at you,Ē Johnson said this week, via Rutter. ďThatís what Iíve been honing on to. Now, when I catch the football itís easy.Ē

Then he corrected himself.

ďItís always been easy to me, but itís keeping that focus and that confidence,Ē Johnson said.

Drops arenít an official stat; unofficial numbers had him at anywhere from 16 to 10 last season.

ďIt was just focus,Ē Johnson said. ďJust taking my eye off the ball that one split second. Drop the ball right there and it goes in the back of your mind and you constantly think about stuff like that. Thatís the main thing ó focus and making sure you look at the ball all the way in before you run. Focus on the catch first, run second.Ē

Johnson wasnít the only Steeles players who dropped more than a few passes last year. At one point, coach Mike Tomlin vowed to replace those who canít catch the ball with those who will. With a new season looming, Tomlin is willing to provide a clean slate to Johnson.

ďLast year is last year,Ē Tomlin said about Johnsonís drops, according to Rutter. ďEveryone starts anew as far as Iím concerned.Ē

If Johnson can put the drops behind him, he can thank a sport where itís never good to catch the ball during a game.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...work-on-drops/

Legend

User Info Menu

Really North?
    I dont know where he is going but it AINT changing his mind on his feelings about Tomlin.

Sarcasm, punchline. Something is coming.
    He set the stage for a response like yours...he is about to swing.

Captain, Iím quit content to go another 3,4 years with no chance at winning anything. Iím as content as you are.

It will just hammer home my point about Tomlin. And how could I do that without him being here another 3 to 4 years?

Letís all celebrate Tomlin being here 3 to 4 more years. And I personally enjoy all the generated excuses for his playoff flops every year. Iím hoping he stays another 9 years then I can watch 20 years of excuses from the Tomlin tribe.

Letís all celebrate Tomlin shall we?
    From the 2010-2020 season, (A 10 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks.

Dolphin fans in the 90ís held on to Don Shula for too long for what he did in the playoffs in the 70ís...
    Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2020 ) holding on to Tomlin for too long for what he did in 2008, with Cowher's players & coaches.

Legend

User Info Menu

Captain, I’m quit content ?
    He said what?
    People telling Hawaiian to ease up on the spelling criticism on his poor soul but....

Did he just say, "I'm quit content"?

More than a mistake...one with meaning.....please let me swing at that low slow pitch!!!!

So many juicy directions to take...so much to play with, fighting sarcastic answer.....

Last edited by Captain Lemming; 06-20-2021 at 07:18 PM.

Legend

User Info Menu

He said what?
    People telling Hawaiian to easing up on the spelling criticism on his poor soul but....

Did he just say, "I'm quit content"?

More than a mistake...one with meaning.....please let me swing at that low slow pitch!!!!

So many juicy directions to take...so much to play with, fighting sarcastic answer.....
    my point is that if Steel Maniac is going to call other posters "idiots" he shouldn't butcher the English language and spell like one himself.