Page 44 of 44 FirstFirst ... 34424344

Thread: National Old Guy Voting Day

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BURGH86STEEL View Post
    Voter suppression in full effect in the state of GA. This is nothing new though. It's unfortunate that this happens at this point of American history.
    Any names of people who were legally registered to vote in the State of GA that were denied? Names please?

To register to vote you must:

Be a United States citizen;
    Be 18 years old by December 31 of the year in which you file this form (note: you must be 18 years old by the date of the general, primary or other election in which you want to vote);
    Be a resident of this state and the county, city or village for at least 30 days before the election;
    Not be in prison or on parole for a felony conviction (unless parolee pardoned or restored rights of citizenship);
    Not be adjudged mentally incompetent by a court;
    Not claim the right to vote elsewhere.
    To register online, you will need:

Driver license, permit, or non-driver ID card
    ZIP Code currently on record with the DMV
    Social security number

Sound fair? By the way this is from the State of NY, which has stricter standards than GA for voting.
    Plan to spend 75 million in cap space in 2022 ( most in the NFL ) and use the 2 comp picks ( 3rd and 5th ) for a killer 2022 draft. We will be back hopefully with better coaching.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

All I can do is shake my head and facepalm, Fox News strikes again.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Joel Buchsbaum View Post
    Any names of people who were legally registered to vote in the State of GA that were denied? Names please?

To register to vote you must:

Be a United States citizen;
    Be 18 years old by December 31 of the year in which you file this form (note: you must be 18 years old by the date of the general, primary or other election in which you want to vote);
    Be a resident of this state and the county, city or village for at least 30 days before the election;
    Not be in prison or on parole for a felony conviction (unless parolee pardoned or restored rights of citizenship);
    Not be adjudged mentally incompetent by a court;
    Not claim the right to vote elsewhere.
    To register online, you will need:

Driver license, permit, or non-driver ID card
    ZIP Code currently on record with the DMV
    Social security number

Sound fair? By the way this is from the State of NY, which has stricter standards than GA for voting.
    Georgia made it more difficult for people to vote.

Did you ever read the laws Georgia implemented? If not I suggest that you read how they are supressing citizens ability to vote.

This NY vs GA thing is your opinion. I'm not dumb, deaf, or blind so I recognize voter suppression.
    Last edited by BURGH86STEEL; 05-07-2021 at 08:03 PM.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.wizard View Post
    All I can do is shake my head and facepalm, Fox News strikes again.
    Most of Fox News isn't news. Fox News is like a radical shock jock radio host spewing conspiracy theories.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Most of Fox News isn't news. Fox News is like a radical shock jock radio host spewing conspiracy theories.
    Exactly why I refer to Joel as "Fox News".

Starter

User Info Menu

Georgia made it more difficult for people to vote.

Did you ever read the laws Georgia implemented? If not I suggest that you read how they are supressing citizens ability to vote.

This NY vs GA thing is your opinion. I'm not dumb, deaf, or blind so I recognize voter suppression.
    I not sure what you are getting at. Exactly who wasn't allow to vote? Names please. I've asked before. How come you have no names? Well?

Fake CNN ducking at its best if what I see here. No state ever said person XYZ can't vote if he lives there. No state barred a person from voting legally. Rules very from state to state and like I said NY is one the harder ones on voting rules.

I'm seeing zero proof of this person XYZ can't vote, unless he's in prison or something like that. Show me these anti voting laws and I'll quickly show you he can easily vote. Dare ya.

These are only CNN talking points if such a thing as legitimate on CNN. Let's talk about reality for a moment.
    Last edited by Joel Buchsbaum; 05-10-2021 at 11:39 AM.
    Plan to spend 75 million in cap space in 2022 ( most in the NFL ) and use the 2 comp picks ( 3rd and 5th ) for a killer 2022 draft. We will be back hopefully with better coaching.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I not sure what you are getting at. Exactly who wasn't allow to vote? Names please I've asked before. How come you have no names. Fake CNN ducking at its best if what I see here. No state ever said person XYZ can't vote if he lives there. No state barred a person from voting. There, only there are times when you cant vote, like after an election. Rules very from state to state and like I said NY is one the harder ones on voting rules.

I'm seeing zero proof of this person XYZ can't vote, unless he's in prison or something like that. Show me these anti voting laws and I'll quickly show you he can easily vote. Dare ya.

These are only CNN talking points if such a thing as legitimate on CNN. Let's talk about reality for a moment.
    Yes you dont get it and thats the problem. Its voter suppression, thay arent denying individuals the right to vote, they are making more difficult for certain demographics to vote.

Starter

User Info Menu

Exactly why I refer to Joel as "Fox News".

Well Mr. Wizard, for the 100th time I do not watch fox news nor do I quote them. Is that all you can say?. This is a topic, you are not suited to debate. I guess you'll remain a herd like follower without ever examinaing what the " news " is saying. Blast GA because at the time they needed to while ignoring other states that have tougher laws because they don't need to.

Starter

User Info Menu

Yes you dont get it and thats the problem. Its voter suppression, thay arent denying individuals the right to vote, they are making more difficult for certain demographics to vote.
    Dude, WHAT IS BEING Blocked? Who says Anyone registered legally can't vote? If you can't type one in name, you are so full of &**T you must flushhandles for ears.

Election have rules. DUH. If you want to vote, follow them. That's it, unless I have a limo pick me up in 2022 and vote on a very short line, I'm crying foul CNN Foul. Oh and I better get cigarettes for filling out my ballot.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Dude, WHAT IS BEING Blocked? Who says Anyone registered legally can't vote? If you can't type one in name, you are so full of &**T you must flushhandles for ears.

Election have rules. DUH. If you want to vote, follow them. That's it, unless I have a limo pick me up in 2022 and vote on a very short line, I'm crying foul CNN Foul. Oh and I better get cigarettes for filling out my ballot.
    Wow again Joel you dont get it, they didnt ban people from voting, they are putting rules in place to make it harder to vote. Republicans have made it no secret, they want less people voting, they want to supress the vote. Not my fault you cant make the distinction between a voter ban and voter suppression.