Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 59

Thread: Rudolph = O'Donnell?

  1. #1
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Rudolph = O'Donnell?

    Check it out for 1st year starting:


    Rk Player From To G QBrec Cmp Att Cmp% Yds TD Rate Lng Int Sk Yds Y/A AY/A NY/A ANY/A Att Yds TD Y/A Lng
    1 Neil O'Donnell 1991 1991 12 2-6-0 156 286 54.5 1963 11 78.8 89 7 30 214 6.9 6.53 5.53 5.23 18 82 1 4.6 22
    2 Mason Rudolph 2019 2019 10 5-3-0 176 283 62.2 1765 13 82.0 76 9 15 124 6.2 5.72 5.51 5.02 21 42 0 2 .0 13


    Got to a SB with NOD so it that's the ceiling for Rudolph, I'm good.
    PassingRushingRkPlayerFromToAVGQBrecCmpAttCmp%YdsT DRateLngIntSkYdsY/AAY/ANY/AANY/AAttYdsTDY/ALng1Neil O'Donnell (https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/O/ODonNe00.htm)199119917122-6-015628654.519631178.8897302146.96.535.535.23188214 .6222Mason Rudolph (https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/R/RudoMa00.htm)201920193105-3-017628362.217651382.0769151246.25.725.515.02214202 .013

  2. #2
    Pro Bowler

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    Check it out for 1st year starting:


    Rk Player From To G QBrec Cmp Att Cmp% Yds TD Rate Lng Int Sk Yds Y/A AY/A NY/A ANY/A Att Yds TD Y/A Lng
    1 Neil O'Donnell 1991 1991 12 2-6-0 156 286 54.5 1963 11 78.8 89 7 30 214 6.9 6.53 5.53 5.23 18 82 1 4.6 22
    2 Mason Rudolph 2019 2019 10 5-3-0 176 283 62.2 1765 13 82.0 76 9 15 124 6.2 5.72 5.51 5.02 21 42 0 2 .0 13


    Got to a SB with NOD so it that's the ceiling for Rudolph, I'm good.
    PassingRushingRkPlayerFromToAVGQBrecCmpAttCmp%YdsT DRateLngIntSkYdsY/AAY/ANY/AANY/AAttYdsTDY/ALng1Neil O'Donnell (https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/O/ODonNe00.htm)199119917122-6-015628654.519631178.8897302146.96.535.535.23188214 .6222Mason Rudolph (https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/R/RudoMa00.htm)201920193105-3-017628362.217651382.0769151246.25.725.515.02214202 .013

    N O'D was a very careful player and rarely threw ints. Rudolph doesn't give me the same vibe.

  3. #3
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by bostonsteeler View Post
    N O'D was a very careful player and rarely threw ints. Rudolph doesn't give me the same vibe.
    not in the SB..lol.

    Most of Masons INT’s were from deflections or after his brain was scattered. Before the injury he was pretty conservative which was upsetting to watch but very efficient when it came to INT’s.
    Tomlinís coming back so what can you do?


  4. #4
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by bostonsteeler View Post
    N O'D was a very careful player and rarely threw ints. Rudolph doesn't give me the same vibe.
    Please see Super Bowl; I'm still angry about those two picks he threw. Cost us a chip.
    From the 2010-2020 season, (A 10 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks.

    Dolphin fans in the 90ís who wanted to hold on to Don Shula for what he did in the playoffs in the 70ís...
    Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2020 ) holding on to Tomlin for what he did in 2008, with Cowher's players & coaches

  5. #5
    Pro Bowler

    User Info Menu

    Many of us egged O’Donnell’s house in 1996. We were intoxicated.

    Rudolph goes all racial when he gets bashed on the head with a helmet.

  6. #6
    Rookie

    User Info Menu

    McDonnell had the same issues early on as Rudolf . They both has trouble hitting the WR`s in stride .

    That changed for Neil in second season as starter as he became a pretty good QB .

    Mason will get better we just might not get to see it for the next 2 years.

  7. #7
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    Please see Super Bowl; I'm still angry about those two picks he threw. Cost us a chip.
    Larry Brown loves O’Donnell. Caught those two gimmie interceptions then got a huge raise in FA.

    I’m still bitter about that game.

  8. #8
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Wasn’t there a debate over the WR running the wrong route or missing the hot read?
    Tomlinís coming back so what can you do?


  9. #9
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    While not a popular opinion, I still think Rudolph can be a better than average NFL starter. He had a lot going against him this past season from poor play calling (too conservative, poor running game and injuries to key receivers.

    I think we saw when he replaced Duck in his last game that we were a better offense with him under Center. He isn't going to be able to carry the offense like Ben can at times, but most NFL QBs can't which is why they will never be in the HoF liker Ben.

    MR will get lots of practice during OTAs because ben physically won't be able to and hopefully he can study the past season and grow.

  10. #10
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    I think O' Donnell was the best QB we had post TB until Slash. He was a smart QB, gritty, I think he was a probowl player too.

    I still hate that BASTARD, he killed one of the best superbowls of all time if we would of won!

    I am not sure you can compare the two and even with their stats, pro and cons for both...

    O'donnel had a better OC, better OL, better RB ( Bam-Bam!), better WR ( we played 5 WR sets at times), better TE ( Green was the man)...

    Rudolf, besides the opposite mentioned above, was never right, health and mental... pressured to start, concussion, returned with Duck mania gaining, returned to play in cleveland a physical game that left his skilled players to practice squaid players, was brought into the spotlight as being a racist and hit over the head with a helmet, Duck mania again, practice players playing vital roles on O, then returns to only get knocked out again.

    But hopefully like others on here are hoping that he is an above game manager QB.


Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •