Page 206 of 215 FirstFirst ... 106156196204205206207208 ... LastLast
Results 2,051 to 2,060 of 2147

Thread: Le'Veon Bell

Legend

User Info Menu

What is the best case scenario for a team? They invite Bell in for a tryout. They decide that maybe he does have a little bit of tread left on the tires so they figure they'll gamble on signing him for a year. They approach his agent and ask what he would be looking for to sign for one year, the response...$10M? $12M? Some other outlandish amount? FWIW I'd rather gamble on bringing Kallen Ballage into camp.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    There is nothing to say about him really. He has egg on his face and he knows that we all know he does. He can take all the time he wants because he doesn’t seem wanted anywhere.
    Not really, Bell wanted to get his money and he got it, not sure why he would have egg on his face.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o. View Post
    What is the best case scenario for a team? They invite Bell in for a tryout. They decide that maybe he does have a little bit of tread left on the tires so they figure they'll gamble on signing him for a year. They approach his agent and ask what he would be looking for to sign for one year, the response...$10M? $12M? Some other outlandish amount? FWIW I'd rather gamble on bringing Kallen Ballage into camp.
    Do you really think Bell is going to ask for 10-12 million?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.wizard View Post
    Maybe not, but it's not hard to envision him thinking he should get way more than he's worth at this point

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    Maybe not, but it's not hard to envision him thinking he should get way more than he's worth at this point
    Why? He didn't even ask for an outrageous amount when he was the top back in the league. His beef was with the guaranteed money, Steeler fans have created this idea that he way over values himself, but what he wanted was in line with what the other top backs were getting.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o. View Post
    Exactly.... because Bell is still as crazy as ever.
    From the 2010-2020 season, (A 10 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks.

Dolphin fans in the 90ís held on to Don Shula for too long for what he did in the playoffs in the 70ís...
    Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2020 ) holding on to Tomlin for too long for what he did in 2008, with Cowher's players & coaches.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    Yep............
    From the 2010-2020 season, (A 10 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks.

Dolphin fans in the 90ís held on to Don Shula for too long for what he did in the playoffs in the 70ís...
    Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2020 ) holding on to Tomlin for too long for what he did in 2008, with Cowher's players & coaches.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.wizard View Post
    I can't see anyone willing to pay him more than $2-3 million.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    Ya I don't think his market value is very high right now, but this is something him and agent know, they are listening to offers not demanding outrageous contracts. Steeler fans create these scenarios in their heads, he is painted as a monster simply because he turned down a contract for a better one.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    Yep.

Better to see if the market picks up if someone gets hurt.

Or in Bell's case, maybe just hang them up. It's not like he hasn't made enough $$$. And he's walked away from the game already. Save your brain so you can enjoy spending your money.