Tag Archives: Gets
Steelers fans have enough to worry about with the health of quarterback Ben Roethlisberger, so they will be happy to know that they can strike any worries about the quarterback missing a game for the birth of his first child. Roethlisberger’s wife Ashley gave birth to a baby boy on Wednesday night. Roethlisberger said that…ProFootballTalk » Pittsburgh Steelers
Former Steelers receiver Hines Ward, now a member of the NBC Sports family, returned to Baltimore for Sunday night’s game between the Patriots and Ravens. And Ravens fans aren’t ready to forget Ward’s time with the Steelers. On his Facebook page and during Football Night In America, Ward explained his interactions with Ravens fans…
Peyton Manning showed that he can still run the no-huddle offense with incredible efficiency, and Pittsburgh’s d…
Source: CBS Pittsburgh » Steelers
It’s been a long off-season, but the wait is finally over for Pittsburgh football fans. The Steelers have arrived on the cam…
Source: CBS Pittsburgh » Steelers
The Steelers were believed to be dug in regarding the question of whether any portion of guard Dave DeCastro’s fourth-year compensation would be guaranteed. In the end, none of it is. As a practical matter, some of it is. Per a source with knowledge of the contract between the Steelers and the 24th overall pick…ProFootballTalk » Pittsburgh Steelers
Former Steelers running back Willie Parker’s getting into coaching, taking a job as an assistant at West Virginia Weslyan College. Parker was a member of two Super Bowl champions in Pittsburgh, rushing for 5,378 career yards. And he’s not nearly the only NFL link at the Division II school in scenic Buckhannon. He joins a staff…ProFootballTalk » Pittsburgh Steelers
2012 is fast approaching. The Steelers have a new OC, and with it, an idea they are going to run the football more to try and protect their biggest investment – Ben Roethlisberger.
Ok, that’s all fine and good, and I understand what the team is thinking in that department. Problem is, when you try and break down how this team is going to run, it starts with one thing – WHO is going to run?
Rashard Mendnhall to me is no way going to be ready for 2012. He’s going to start the year on the PUP list, and there’s a shot he won’t see the field in 2012 at all if he doesn’t make progress throughout the rest of the summer.
So when the Steelers line up opening night against the Broncos, who gets the ball first? And will that person be good enough to lift an offense that has good wide outs and a Pro Bowl QB?
1. Isaac Redmen – I love what Redmen did in the last game of the season against the Broncos, and take away a couple times he put the ball on the ground in Cleveland, and he had a solid game in backup of Mendenhall, who was hurt in that game. He seems to keep his legs moving at all times, and you can tell he’s hungry. To me, unless one of these guys below totally blows up – Redmen should be the starter.
2. Jonathan Dwyer – You remember this guy – right? Well, Dwyer had a memorable play in 2011, rushing for 76 yards in a carry against the Titans, putting up 107 yards on 11 carries that day. A foot injury landed him again out of the ability to play, but he should be the main backup for Redmen when the season kicks off. I’d love to see more of him and what he can do in 2012.
3. John Clay – Another interesting prospect who has spent time on the teams practice squad. He played in two games last year when Dwyer went down, and had 10 carries for 41 yards and a touchdown. He’s also a big guy, coming in at 6’1, 248 pounds, and can punish opponents when the game is on the line and the team needs a yard. Could be an interesting summer for Clay.
4. Chris Rainey – I can see this 5th round pick being a HUGE player for this team in a variety of roles in 2012. Reports say he’s been impressive in camp and OTAs to this point, and will be a great situational player for the Steelers offense. He can catch the ball, and he will take the role of Mewelde Moore, who left the Steelers this offseason to go to the Colts. I can’t wait to see what this kid can do with the ball in his hands.
5. Baron Batch – A 2001 7th round pick who was hurt last season, he tore his ACL and will need to have a good camp just to make this team IMO. He should get a spot if he plays as well as last season, as he was rolling before he got hurt.
Source: Steelers Gab
Well, it seems like every member of the Steelers receiving corps is making news this week. From the Steelers possibly dropping Mike Wallace’s restricted free agency tender by more than $ 2 million on Friday to Antonio Brown contending on NBC SportsTalk that he won’t handle his business next year the way Wallace has handled his…