Tag Archives: Dennis Dixon
- The Steelers won the coin toss and chose to receive to start overtime
- Mendenhall on two carries gets the first down.
- Dennis Dixon throws the ball deep to Mike Wallace but out of bounds
- Steelers punt the ball out of bounds to the Ravens
- The Ravens go three and out and punt to the Steelers
- Dennis Dixon throws an interception on 3rd down and the Ravens return the ball 20 yards. Ravens are already in field goal range and are about ready to kick a field goal to win the game in overtime.
- On 3rd down, Ray Rice runs for a 1st down. The Ravens have only a 32 yard field goal to win the game.
- Ray Rice runs the ball again for another first down
- The Ravens kick a field goal to win the game.
Score: Ravens 20 Steelers 17
- c has really struggled so far in the 4th quarter
- The Steelers punt coverage unit almost gave up a touchdown. According to the reply, it looks like several blocks in the back occurred.
- Lawrence Timmons blitzed up the middle and caused a Flacco fumble
- Steelers have very good field position
- Rashard Mendenhall has run very, very hard in this game. He has shown a great burst of speed, power, and a nice spin move. Very impressive considering the Ravens run defense.
- With 7 minutes left, Dennis Dixon scores a touchdown on a QB draw. Dennis Dixon was in the shotgun formation and make a reverse to Mike Wallace. Dixon ran the ball to the right side and received a very nice block from Mewelde Moore that led him to the end zone. Very nice call by Bruce Arians.
- Ray Rice called for tripping on 2nd down. The Steelers accepted and made it 2nd and 19. The Steelers then held on 3rd down by stopping Ray Rice on a screen pass.
- Ravens just converted a huge 4th down by Ray Rice. For some reason James Farrior was 1:1 with Ray Rice and it was a complete mismatch. Ray Rice caught the pass and ran it 60 yards to the Steelers 10 yard line. Several Steelers missed tackles. Lawrence Timmons tackled one of his own players who was in great position to make a tackle.
- The Steelers hold on 3rd and goal. The Ravens kick a field goal and tie the score 17-17 with 2 minutes left in the 4th quarter.
- Dennis Dixon almost threw an interception on 2nd down. Consequently, the Steelers run the ball on 3rd down. A 3 and out for the Steelers
- Steelers punt the ball and the Ravens almost return it for ANOTHER TOUCHDOWN. Will MIKE TOMLIN OR THE ST COACH EVER FIX THE SPECIAL TEAMS. This is getting a bit ridiculous.
- A 24-yard pass interference call on Ike Taylor with 1 minute remaining in the game.
- The Steelers caused a last second fumble. The Ravens field goal unit and rushed a last second field goal which comes up about 2 yards short.
- Dennis Dixon has play well thus far with limited opportunities. Dixon throw a nice roll-out pass and the followed up with a nice play action TD pass to Santonio Holmes
- Steelers continue to have success with running the ball with both Rashard Mendenhall and Willie Parker
- Ravens are giving the Steelers a heavy dose of McGahee, Rice, and fullback McClain
- William Gay continues to get abused
- William Gay and Ryan Clark get beat on a 50 yard pass play
- Ike Taylor gives up a touchdown on a fade pattern
- Steelers coaching staff goes overly conservative with 1:45 left in the 2nd quarter with consecutive running plays. The offense gets close to the 50 yard line and runs out the clock. The Steelers had plenty of time to try to gain around 30 yards to try a field goal. A very disappointing decision by the Steelers coaching staff.
- William Gay got torched several times on the Ravens' first drive
- Willis McGahee scored the opening touchdown for the Ravens
- Bruce Arians is being overly conservative with Dennis Dixon
- Timmons caught out of position on a long Ray Rice run
- Ziggy Hood getting a good pass rush
- Steelers having success running the ball with Rashard Mendenhall
Score: Ravens 7 Steelers 0W
The following Steelers are listed as inactive in today's game against the Cleveland Browns.
QB Dennis Dixon
WR Limas Sweed - Very disappointing. We all had high hopes for this guy but his future doesn't look bright right now in Pittsburgh.
CB Keenan Lewis - Lewis was supposed to be Ike Taylor's mirror image and had a great training camp. He has not seen any playing time this year thus far.
FB Carey Davis - Who is the starting fullback?
LB Andre Frazier - Special teams ace... who is going to steup up in his replacement?
OG Kraig Urbik - We all thought he was going to steal the show in training camp and win the starting RG spot. Instead, Trai Essex as impressed.
OT Tony Hills - Another disappointment but he may end up competing for Colon's RT spot in the Steelers don't resign him.
DE Sunny Harris - Just resigned after the injury to Aaron Smith. This guy had a decent training camp and preseason and could end up having a roster spot in the future. He has the size and youth that the Steelers desperately need at the defensive line.