Yesterday the Pittsburgh Steelers opened camp in Latrobe and you could sense the excitement in the air.
Mike Tomlin in particular was all smiles. And why not? He just signed a nice extension when some thought he may be coaching for his job this year given the embarrassing meltdown last year against far inferior opponents.
However, with the excitement also comes many question marks and I believe Tomlin acknowledges that. Here are just a few of those question marks:
1) Can the Steelers survive the first six games without Big Ben (possibly 4 games)?
2) Is this Woodley’s last year in a Steelers uniform?
3) Can Mike Wallace be productive against teams #1 cornerbacks?
4) How will the loss of Colon impact the offensive line?
5) Is Polamalu healthy and can he stay healthy?
6) Will the secondary be improved with McFadden starting? Will Burnett and Lewis step up in their second year?
7) Will Pouncey start? If so will it be at center or guard?
8) Will Mendenhall share carries with Jonathan Dywer
9) Will Farrier, given his age, struggle like last year? Is this Farrior’s last year?
10) Can Ward stay healthy? Is this Ward’s last year before retiring?