Rooney Addresses Arians

PITTSBURGH (93-7 The FAN) — Steelers president Art Rooney II spoke briefly about the departure of offensive coordinator Bruce Arians Wednesday on the team’s official website.

While not directly answering why Bruce Arians was not offered a contract, Rooney said it was time to make a change and the organization is moving forward in its pursuit for a new offensive coordinator.

“I think the questions of how we got here are not really relevant,” Rooney said. “Mike has begun the search for our next offensive coordinator and he’ll do a good job finding the right person. We’ll go through the process and interview the right candidates. We’re looking to improve on offense and have sommebody possibly to be in place for a number of years.

“Bruce had talked about retirement for a few years now. I think it was time for a change, and we’re looking forward to moving on.”

Arians reportedly retired late last week and news surfaced this week in the York Daily Record that Arians retired because the team did not make him a contract offer.

RELATED LINKS
Steelers news
NFL news
CBS Steelers

Filed under: Football, Sports, Steelers Tagged: Art Rooney II, Bruce Arians, Pittsburgh Steelers

Source: CBS Pittsburgh » Steelers

Need Steelers Tickets? Shop Ticket Liquidator or try our Steelers eBay Ticket Page.

Be Sociable, Share!
Powered by WordPress