We’re going to try something a little different here on Behind The Steel Curtain.
Don’t ask me why, but I always get a kick out of the cutesy segment names run on local radio stations. One of the best is Free Form Fridays, where stations play deeper cuts of the same 15 bands, groups and artists they usually play.
Don’t worry, there won’t be any Adele played here. We’re going to stick with our bread and butter: an open thread.
Like Linda Richman, I’m going to give you a few topics, Steelers-related of course. Agenda free, on and off topic comments are more than welcome. It’s Friday afternoon, lets talk some Steelers football.
If you talk improvement among the division, isn’t it obvious Pittsburgh and Cincinnati had more of that than Cleveland and Baltimore.
- Baltimore didn’t really need to improve in the sense they can roll out their team this year and be competitive. I don’t think that was the case so much with the other three teams, but Pittsburgh greatly improved its offensive line, and other positions, like defensive line and the secondary, will get better through the development of the roster. Cincinnati added to its offensive line and secondary in the draft with guys who will start, then grabbed, I think, a very underrated receiver in Mohamad Sanu. TE Orson Charles is good at one thing, really, straight-line pass routes, but that’s not bad when you’ve got talented pass catchers like they do. Even Cleveland improved by- sorry, I can’t finish that without laughing. I guess Brandon Weeden is probably an improvement over Colt McCoy like my wife’s Ford Focus is an improvement over my Chrysler Sebring.
- Could “Prometheus” be any more hyped than it is? Don’t get me wrong, I love blockbuster season as much as anyone, doesn’t this seem like one of those “All Sizzle No Steak” kinds of movies? You know, the New York Jets of Hollywood?
- Speaking of the Jets, I don’t suppose there’s any chance we’ll no longer have this “Jets West” garbage jammed down our throats, is there? Sure, it’s nice their players are actually going to meet up and work together, but if the main positive thing is their top receiver (Santonio Holmes) is actually getting off his butt and flying to Mark Sanchez’s mecca that is southern California, please don’t blame me for not being impressed.
- Speaking of them again, ladies and gentlemen, your New York Jets captain!
- “I was talking to the coach, letting him understand it was too many reps today,” Holmes said. “I’ve been gone for a while, so I can’t be at full tempo like the rest of the guys and where they want us to be at.”
- Don’t ask me why I thought of this, but do you ever consider how purely awesome those pre-fried frozen chicken patties are? They’re like Brett Keisel in his Monster Backer days; versatile, never dull and you always want it on your roster (in your freezer). Microwave or baked, with ketchup, maybe ranch, even some mayo here and there. Pickles and or cheese…there’s just so much you can do with them.
- The Miami Heat fan who yelled “good game” at the Heat players as they walked off the floor (ignoring him completely) is the biggest non-story I’ve ever read. Yes, even less of a story than anything with the word “Kardashian.” Well…lemme think about that for a bit. I’ll get back to you.
- This is funny, that’s what this is:
- Anyway…what’s on your mind, Steeler Nation? Best thoughts going up on Twitter, so if you’ve been sitting on a golden comment, let’s see it.
Source: Behind the Steel Curtain
Get your Steelers Fathead!