Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: How would you react.....

Legend

User Info Menu

How would you react.....

...if the Steelers traded up to get Mason Rudolph or Baker Mayfield??????

Since they got stop gap solutions in free agency at Safety and ILB, they could make a move like this if they are in love with one of the QBs

Not sure I would like trading up, but I would love to get either Rudolph or Mayfield...especially the latter

Legend

User Info Menu

I wouldn't like it.

Check this stat out for QB's in the 2018 draft who faced top 10 pass defenses over their FULL careers in

Lamar Jackson 7
    Baker Mayfield 4
    Darnold 3
    Mason Rudolph 1
    Rosen 1
    Josh Allen 0

I was legit shocked Mayfield played against that many top 10 pass defenses but I think it's due to their OOC cause Big 12 pass defenses are garbage.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Legend

User Info Menu

Trading up for Mayfield would likely require moving up into the top 10, which is crazy.

And Rudolph is a 2nd round prospect, so trading up in the first for that is crazy as well.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Rookie

User Info Menu

If I'm Cleveland, I'm drafting Barkley and Chubb with my 2 top 5 picks...that could very well push one of those QB prospects into the top of the second round...

Taylor has thrown only 16 INTs in the last three years...he led Buffalo to a playoff berth after a 17 year drought...I think if you beef up the defense and the running game, he can manage the game...Jarvis Landry would be a good security blanket underneath and Josh Gordon will most likely demand double coverage...Njoku could also develop into a reliable target...

But, the Browns would most likely F that up...
    Actually, my post was NOT about you...but, if the shoe fits, feel free to lace that &!+€# up and wear it.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I'm ok for Trading up...

For Edmunds, Smith, or LVE, Evans...

For Fitz or James....

But that's it!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    If I'm Cleveland, I'm drafting Barkley and Chubb with my 2 top 5 picks...that could very well push one of those QB prospects into the top of the second round...

Taylor has thrown only 16 INTs in the last three years...he led Buffalo to a playoff berth after a 17 year drought...I think if you beef up the defense and the running game, he can manage the game...Jarvis Landry would be a good security blanket underneath and Josh Gordon will most likely demand double coverage...Njoku could also develop into a reliable target...

I agree on all counts. It's not like Cleveland is a QB away from glory. They would be much better to build their team as a whole than to try and find a Messiah QB.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post

Tyrod only threw 16 INT's because he refuses to throw the ball half the time when he drops back.

Dude can move the chains with his feet but he is a pretty below average QB. I think the Browns HAVE to draft a QB #1 or their fans will revolt. I think they have started like 25 QB's since Ben was drafted in 2004.

If they passed up the chance to draft a franchise QB this year... smh. just move the team.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
    I agree on all counts. It's not like Cleveland is a QB away from glory. They would be much better to build their team as a whole than to try and find a Messiah QB.
    wait.. what?

The Browns are definitely a QB away from glory.

.and glory is basically a 9-7 season and not having to find another QB the next year.

We just watched SF go from garbage to 5 straight wins with Jimmy G. A franchise QB makes a world of difference.

We have seen the Browns draft OL first, DL first, WR, etc... and none of those picks have done jack. They just drafted Garrett first last year and couldn't win one game.

Draft a QB and stop being scared to fail at drafting a QB first because you already been failing doing the opposite.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    wait.. what? The Browns are definitely a QB away from glory. .and glory is basically a 9-7 season and not having to find another QB the next year. We just watched SF go from garbage to 5 straight wins with Jimmy G. A franchise QB makes a world of difference. We have seen the Browns draft OL first, DL first, WR, etc... and none of those picks have done jack. They just drafted Garrett first last year and couldn't win one game. Draft a QB and stop being scared to fail at drafting a QB first because you already been failing doing the opposite.
    1st BOLD PREDICTION OF 2018: The Browns will finish second in the AFC North behind us

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Trading up for Mayfield would likely require moving up into the top 10, which is crazy.

And Rudolph is a 2nd round prospect, so trading up in the first for that is crazy as well.
    It would not shock me at all if someone who missed on a QB early in the 1st traded up into the back end of the first and grabbed Rudolph.