Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Report: Steelers interested in Dumervil too

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by D Rock View Post
    Even if they don't want him, I think it's a great move to show interest in him. The Ravens are desparate right now...might as well drive up the price of any player they want, whether you intend to sign him or not.
    And that's what I suspect the Steelers are up to. I doubt they are serious about signing Dumervil. They're trying to help jack up his price so the Rats can't have him.

Legend

User Info Menu

We could sign Dumervil and it wouldn't be that big of a cap hit this year, just like Wallace wasn't that big of a cap hit to the Dolphins. It would come after this year, so it's very possible!
    2019 Mock

1. ILB
    2. CB
    3. ILB
    4. S
    5. CB
    6. ILB
    7. S

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

even if we could afford dumervil, which we can't, the steelers are better served in finding out exactly what they have in woirlds.

I'm not real confident, but hopefully he proves me wrong and really blossoms into a great player. This roster could certainly use it.

Legend

User Info Menu

yea, im sure he wanted to turn down 8-10 million and play for a superbowl contender so hew could sign for a couple million from a team heading towards the bottom of the afc north

Legend

User Info Menu

woulnd't touch elvis. coming out of college, i had him in every mock i did - as a fan of the CArds, i was well aware of his ridiculous pass-rush ability and thought he'd be a good OLB project. Today, he's too pricey to be a project... he's better with his hand in the dirt as a DE
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

DeVille's Early April Mock (In Progress)
    1.20 - Kool-Aid McKinstry, CB, Alabama
    2.51 - Roman Wilson, WR, Michigan
    3.84 -Sedrick Van Pran-Granger, C, Georgia
    3.98 -<tbd>
    4.117 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    6.178 - Travis Glover, OT, Ga State
    6.195 - Dillon Johnson, RB, Washington

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille View Post
    woulnd't touch elvis. coming out of college, i had him in every mock i did - as a fan of the CArds, i was well aware of his ridiculous pass-rush ability and thought he'd be a good OLB project. Today, he's too pricey to be a project... he's better with his hand in the dirt as a DE
    Yup. Only take him if you're going to a 4-3.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

NFL News ‏@NFLFactsAndNews
    Developing *** Ravens closing in on deal with free-agent DL Elvis Dumervil.
    2022 NFL Mock Draft
    -------------------------------------------
    1. Malik Willis, QB; Liberty
    2. Daniel Faalele, OT; Minnesota
    3. Dante Stills, DT; West Virginia
    7. Riley Moss, CB; Iowa

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rara View Post
    NFL News ‏@NFLFactsAndNews
    Developing *** Ravens closing in on deal with free-agent DL Elvis Dumervil.
    I guess they wont be signing Deebo then.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

[url]http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9071839/john-elway-says-elvis-dumervil-offered-contract-denver-broncos[/url]

He may still sign with Denver...latest news

Legend

User Info Menu

Ravens after Elvis Dumervil?

Updated: March 22, 2013
    ESPN.com news services

The champion Baltimore Ravens have lost some big names this offseason, and they're trying to do something about it at the expense of the Denver Broncos.

According to the Baltimore Sun, the Ravens have made their interest known to free-agent defensive end Elvis Dumervil, who was cut by the Broncos in a fax snafu last week.

Dumervil does not have a visit to Baltimore scheduled, but GM Ozzie Newsome reached out to the player's agent immediately after he was cut, the Sun reported. That agent, Marty Magid, has since been fired by Dumervil after the necessary paperwork for his reworked contract didn't make it to the league office in time.

The Broncos have already made an offer to bring Dumervil back into the fold. He had agreed to reduce his salary from $12 million to $8 million for next season.

Dumervil signed a six-year, $61.5 million contract in 2010. He had 11 sacks last season, second on the team behind Von Miller. Dumervil led the league with 17 sacks in 2009.

Baltimore has released defensive back Bernard Pollard and guard Bobbie Williams, traded wide receiver Anquan Boldin to the 49ers, lost linebackers Dannell Ellerbe and Paul Kruger in free agency and watched linebacker Ray Lewis and center Matt Birk retire. Safety Ed Reed has reportedly agreed to a three year contract with the Texans.

[URL]http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9083786/report-baltimore-ravens-elvis-dumervil[/URL]
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha