Thread: The Steelers could find value @ TE

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by grotonsteel View Post
    I don't want Steelers to draft a TE at 17...if they are trading down i am ok with it...

I am not sure if Steelers TEs are going to have more than 100 recpetions among them....Better draft a WR in Rd 1 or Rd 2...He will be more helpful than a TE.

Miller, Paulson and late Rd draft pick will be a good TE group.
    So Eifert at #17 is bad but good at #20? Or does it have to be #25? #30?

Sorry, but your poisiton makes no sense to me. If he is the player you want then you take him when you can get him. Eifert is the #1 rated player at his position in this draft. He is worth #17.

Especially if the option is a defensive player who will be on the sidelines for two seasons.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post

Sorry, but your poisiton makes no sense to me. If he is the player you want then you take him when you can get him. Eifert is the #1 rated player at his position in this draft. He is worth #17.

Especially if the option is a defensive player who will be on the sidelines for two seasons.
    I don't get that line of thinking either Ovi.
    @_Hellgrammite

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh View Post
    I don't get that line of thinking either Ovi.
    when did he say draft a TE at #20 or #25? The way it read it came across as getting a WR early and getting a TE later in the draft?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post

If Steelers remain at 17 i would prefer Steelers drafting either a pass rusher..DB or a WR...A game changer. I just don't think TE is going to be the difference maker. Ben excels in 3 WR sets...Do you think Eiffert is going to see lot of time once Heath returns back??? The only thing i can envision is Eiffert blocking at the line once Miller comes back and become the No.1 TE.

At #17 i definitely don't think he is BPA...He may be No. 1 TE in the draft but he is not a BPA at 17 IMO...
    Steelers Draft 2015
    Rd 1: Devante Parker - WR/ Kevin Johnson - CB
    Rd 2: Danielle Hunter -OLB
    Rd 3: Steven Nelson - CB
    Rd 4: Derron Smith - S
    Rd 5: Henry Anderson - DE
    Rd 6: Wes Saxton - TE
    Rd 7: Deon Simon - DT