Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Outside looking in

Legend

User Info Menu

Outside looking in

Just curious if any of you have a preseason favorite who has a slim shot at making the team but you would like see make the final cuts.

My guy is Moye. The QBs seem to love the guy, tough, tall, fights for that YAC. WRs positions are tight but if there was ever a year to keep 6, this is the year.

Thoughts?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    Just curious if any of you have a preseason favorite who has a slim shot at making the team but you would like see make the final cuts.

My guy is Moye. The QBs seem to love the guy, tough, tall, fights for that YAC. WRs positions are tight but if there was ever a year to keep 6, this is the year.

Thoughts?
    I like it.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Legend

User Info Menu

I got a football crush on Baxter. Hope he ends up being JJ's backup and Worilds backs up Woodley instead of Carter. I also like what I've seen from almost all of the ILBs. I was getting pretty excited when we had 3 sacks in a row at the end of the 4th quarter on Saturday. I think we're really deep at LB in general.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I liked JD Woods. Oh well
    [url=http://img525.imageshack.us/i/steelers2010.jpg/]http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/2...eelers2010.jpg[/url]

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steelhere10 View Post
    I liked JD Woods. Oh well
    Me too. I'm surprised we cut him so soon. I think that kid's gonna land somewhere and be pretty good.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post

Thoughts?
    I want to see Moye on the team also but I'm real tempted to see them keep Dunn for returns. Our special teams need a real boost that I think Dunn could provide.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

The other guy I'm interested in is Arnfelt. Does Woods flexibility to play NT allow us to carry a guy like Arnfelt instead of Ta'Amu and/or Fangupo? I think he's another guy that deserves to make the team. He hasn't played against the first team, but I think he might have more talent that Hood or Heyward.

He looks to be built like Keisel and seems natural at the position and ready to go like McClendon was very early on.

I was intrigued by Williams' athleticism, but now that he's hurt, it seems like we found this UDFA that might be ready to go and contribute. I know this may sound crazy, but I wouldn't be surprised if he gets on the field in our system before Heyward.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    I want to see Moye on the team also but I'm real tempted to see them keep Dunn for returns. Our special teams need a real boost that I think Dunn could provide.
    I'm with you on this one. Watching Moye in practice, he's not that polished and I see him as more of a PS project at this point with some good upside potential. Justin Brown is the much better WR, but he really hasn't done much to earn a spot. So this opens the door for Dunn who would actually have a reason to dress on game days anyway.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    I hear ya. It's a tough call for sure. I agree with Flippy, Moye isn't polished. If he were, especially at 6 foot 5 he would have been snatched up. But he seems to get open, has solid hands and is a tough runner.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    The other guy I'm interested in is Arnfelt. Does Woods flexibility to play NT allow us to carry a guy like Arnfelt instead of Ta'Amu and/or Fangupo? I think he's another guy that deserves to make the team. He hasn't played against the first team, but I think he might have more talent that Hood or Heyward.

He looks to be built like Keisel and seems natural at the position and ready to go like McClendon was very early on.

I was intrigued by Williams' athleticism, but now that he's hurt, it seems like we found this UDFA that might be ready to go and contribute. I know this may sound crazy, but I wouldn't be surprised if he gets on the field in our system before Heyward.
    If Heyward hadn't performed so well on , I might have agreed with you...