Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The few who do deserve kudos

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Clark has to get my vote also. He seems to be like a fine wine ... he gets better with time. I just wish he would look for the ball every now and again.
    As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

I thought things got very chippy after Phil Taylor blindsided Beachum and knocked him out of the game. Pouncey especially got into it with the defense a couple of times. It was the first time in many weeks that I saw actual emotion by the Steelers offense. I was actually worried they were going to penalize the Steelers at a critical point. Anyway, I expect Taylor should be receiving a letter from Goodell this week.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Drew Butler. It was nice to not have the Sepulveda drama and not have Kapinos sucking up the joint.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RussBII View Post
    Drew Butler. It was nice to not have the Sepulveda drama and not have Kapinos sucking up the joint.
    I hope this is sarcasm.

butler was pathetic this year, particularly the second half of the season.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

1) Has to be Clark.

I have no problem with Miller getting voted Team MVP, but Ryan Clark's contribution/commitment was amazing if you paid attention. The guy played hurt ALL THE TIME, yet he never asked out, never took anything for granted, made plays, and (despite the pain) never let up. The guy is every bit what Polamalu has now become. Polamalu can still play, but he isn't the player he was in his prime. Clark is still near the level he was.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Snatch98 View Post
    Polamalu is just getting healthy. I still think Ben is injured and prior to the injury was having a great year. I have no problem with Tomlin considering all the injuries.

Those who didn't cut it this year.

#1. You with all your psycho babble
    NOTE: Breaking board rules.

You may, from time to time, find yourself in disagreement with someone else's opinion. At times like these, please keep in mind it's safer and more polite to take issue with the comments rather than the person.

Statements or postings that violate the above terms will be deleted from postings upon discovery. While we may attempt to notify you if we move or delete a post, we are under no obligation to do so. Depending on the nature of the violation, the Planet Steelers community at their sole discretion may terminate a customer's account.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    Wow...a QB who threw for over 3200 yards (while having missed 3 games to injury), 26 TD's thrown to only 8 INT's, and a passer rating at 97.0 all the while having to adapt to a new system and he is considered as one who didn't cut it this year?

Unbelievable!! That's all I can say.
    I guess you missed all the games HE LOST with his bone head pics at the end of the game, or his pic 6s. You can't cherry pick; you must consider his ENTIRE body of work this season, not just the good stuff. Had been not played so unfocused and thrown game-losing pics, just one less, and we make the play offs. He went back to being "Back Yard Ben" playing sloppy, without focus and just being a bone head. That doesn't cut it. Do you recall Brady, Elway, Montana, et al. ever ruining seasons with sloppy mental focus like that? I don't.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    i do think it's fair to pin the w/l record on ben just because he's the qb. We lost 5 games by 3 points. If he gets us 3+ points in one of those games, we're playing next week. Not all his fault, but it probably means he had to make 1 more play. Or 1 less mistake.

His stats were fine. Unfortunately his mistakes often came at the worst possible times. And he seemed to lose a bit of that clutch gene of his. Hopefully an offseason with haley will help those 2 get on the same page and get this ironed out going forward.

I'm not saying there isn't a lot of blame to go around. But everyone of those losses, ben also took the blame himself.
    this /\ /\ /\ /\

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Timmons was best player all season long
    Timmons peaked and it was one of the few enjoyable things to watch this season. And he didn't even do so in a contract year - he did it with years left on his deal. Kudos, Lawrence. No one can throw in you in part of the blame for a horrid season. You did your part, as did Clark, Miller and a few others. To have so many players under-achieve, you got to blame the head coach.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shoe View Post
    1) Has to be Clark.

I have no problem with Miller getting voted Team MVP, but Ryan Clark's contribution/commitment was amazing if you paid attention. The guy played hurt ALL THE TIME, yet he never asked out, never took anything for granted, made plays, and (despite the pain) never let up. The guy is every bit what Polamalu has now become. Polamalu can still play, but he isn't the player he was in his prime. Clark is still near the level he was.
    I don't know how much longer Clark can play at this level, but if we had a few more of players with that commitment and drive, we'd still be playing this post season. Clark is a true STEELER.