Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: A Worild of Difference

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JUST-PLAIN-NASTY View Post
    The news must be slow getting to you down there Ta Amu is still here (PS) & McClendon is already playing better than Hampton. S is a big need but you have to look at the production to contract. Clark is still producing. Troy will still be here for 1 year. S is 1 year out but it will be addressed early because of the age of the starters. Harrison is done...period. They aren't paying him next year. There isn't any answer to date for his replacement. Wallace situation pending but Sanders is 2013 solution (RFA) if Wallace does depart. Very good draft for a pass rusher in the 1st. Not looking good in the 1st for a S or WR. As as right now, Reid may be the only S I would take Rd1 and I do not like any WR inside the top #25.
    What about if that receiver was Marqise Lee? He is a draft eligible sophomore. And right now, Steelers are drafting at #19. And that could drop even more, real soon.

There are some good safeties that could be had between rounds two and three this year. Tony Jefferson, Bacarri Rambo, and T.J. McDonald (yes--he has fallen some), Kenny Vaccaro, Zeke Motta, Shawn Williams (SS).
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    KC ran right and had some success. They stretched the Steelers out and Harrison wasn't doing a good job in pursuit and I think he may have hurt us that week.

Baltimore couldn't run right because Harrison crashed down the line hard on backside pursuit. Rice had no cutback lane.

The Browns seemed to try to run both ways. And the runs I remember, I think they had more success running left directly at Harrison.

Harrison is most effective chasing the back from behind. I'd be surprised if Baltimore didn't try and run more at him.
    I hope the Ravens believe they can run right at James, he is good at chasing down plays on the back side, but he is strong at the point of attack and stands up and/or sheds blockers as well. I have faith in Harrison; I hope they test him often. That's winning proposition for the Steelers, IMO.

Pappy

1.20 -
    2.51 -
    3.84 -
    3.98 -
    4.119 -
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JUST-PLAIN-NASTY View Post
    The news must be slow getting to you down there Ta Amu is still here (PS) & McClendon is already playing better than Hampton. S is a big need but you have to look at the production to contract. Clark is still producing. Troy will still be here for 1 year. S is 1 year out but it will be addressed early because of the age of the starters. Harrison is done...period. They aren't paying him next year. There isn't any answer to date for his replacement. Wallace situation pending but Sanders is 2013 solution (RFA) if Wallace does depart. Very good draft for a pass rusher in the 1st. Not looking good in the 1st for a S or WR. As as right now, Reid may be the only S I would take Rd1 and I do not like any WR inside the top #25.
    Well, how about that?- news is slow getting down here! Semi-glad Ta'amu is on the PS. Not convinced McLendon is anything more than a situational guy, and Chadman disagrees with McLendon outplaying Hampton. Hampton is down on previous years, but he's still ahead of his position rivals. Ta'amu is the one, if his head is on right. Might be a need to sign a mid-range FA to hold that spot after this year until Ta'amu plays well enough to win the spot.

Safety is a massive problem. MASSIVE. Troy is constantly hurt, and Clark is older than Troy. Behind them- Will Allen & Ryan Mundy.

Chadman likes Sanders. Really does. But he isn't an 'impact' WR like Wallace. If the Steelers lose Wallace, they will need that 'break the game open' type WR to replace him- and Brown & Sanders are more your 'move the chains' WR. So if Wallace goes- either a home-run hitting WR or a big target guy like Burress/T.O. will be required to make this offense hum.
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Kool-Aid McKinstry CB
    2. Sedrick Van Pran-Grainger OC
    3. Malachi Corley WR
    3. Maason Smith DT
    4. Matt Goncalves OT
    6. Trevin Wallace ILB
    7. AJ Barner TE

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

This guy is really coming on now that he is finally healthy. 3rd year pro and he's just 24 years old.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BigRob View Post
    This guy is really coming on now that he is finally healthy. 3rd year pro and he's just 24 years old.
    now that he's healthy and starting to understand LeBeau's complex defensive schemes, which takes about 3 years...
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    which takes about 3 years...
    Which is why they draft'em young.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BigRob View Post
    He's just not as dominate a run defender as Harrison. However, he may benefit from playing next to Keisel.
    what did he play at michigan? left or right side

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NJ-STEELER View Post
    what did he play at michigan? left or right side
    Woodley played predominantly on the right side at Michigan, maybe he could move back to the right and let Worilds play on the left.

"A relentless pass rusher who led the team in quarterback sacks in each of his last two seasons, Woodley was the heart and soul of one of the most dominant defensive lines in college football in 2006. Thanks to the play of Woodley and defensive tackle Alan Branch, the Wolverines led the nation in rush defense, allowing just 43.38 yards per game, and ranked fourth nationally with an average of 3.23 quarterback sacks per game.

Woodley's career came full circle during his time at Michigan. As a freshman, he played on the defensive line as a rush end, moving to right outside linebacker as a sophomore and junior. As a senior, he returned to the defensive line at right end."

[URL]http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/historical/424119[/URL]
    Last edited by hawaiiansteel; 12-03-2012 at 11:13 PM.
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

i thought i remembered him being on the right side. just wasnt sure if they moved him around.

if harrsion isnt back, i think they would have to consider it

Legend

User Info Menu

I just can't believe the quickness that some of you are using to throw Harrison out with the trash. He may be a cap casualty, but he still looks to have gas in the tank.
    Steel City Mafia
    So Cal Boss (Ret)
    [URL]http://www.anewsong.com[/URL]