Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Schedule Released

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    it's crazy... this smells of lowballing.

We beat the Rats with Charlie freaking Batch... no way we go 0-6 in the division.
    My thoughts exactly. No way we get swept by the division. While the Browns are getting better, they are STILL the Browns until proven otherwise.
    We can easily split with Baltiwhore and the Bungles.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NW Steeler View Post
    My thoughts exactly. No way we get swept by the division. While the Browns are getting better, they are STILL the Browns until proven otherwise.
    We can easily split with Baltiwhore and the Bungles.
    On paper, we should sweep the Rats and Browns and Geno Atkins should kill Ben twice. I say 4-2 in the division.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    I know everyone wants to do this, so I'll go first. The only major additions from now until September will be the rookies, so lets take a look at a won/loss record.

Sun., Sept. 8 TENNESSEE 1:00PM - W
    Mon., Sept. 16 at Cincinnati 8:40PM - L
    Sun., Sept. 22 CHICAGO 8:30PM - L
    Sun., Sept. 29 at Minnesota 1:00PM - W
    BYE --- ---
    Sun., Oct. 13 at New York Jets 1:00PM - W
    Sun., Oct. 20 BALTIMORE 4:25PM - L
    Sun., Oct. 27 at Oakland 4:05PM - W
    Sun., Nov. 3 at New England 4:25PM - L
    Sun., Nov. 10 BUFFALO 1:00PM - W
    Sun., Nov. 17 DETROIT 1:00PM - W
    Sun., Nov. 24 at Cleveland 1:00PM - L
    Thurs., Nov. 28 at Baltimore 8:30PM - L
    Sun., Dec. 8 MIAMI 1:00PM - W
    Sun., Dec. 15 CINCINNATI 8:30PM - L
    Sun., Dec. 22 at Green Bay 4:25PM - L
    Sun., Dec. 29 CLEVELAND 1:00PM - L

7-9 that's my prediction, definitely a rebuilding year regardless of what Colbert is telling us. The bad news is the following year will be rebuilding as well as the Steelers say good bye to Keisel, Taylor, Clark and Polamalu in all likelihood. It could be a rough few years for the fans.

Pappy
    Well now that we have this year out of the way, who do you guy's like in next years draft???

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

?We're not going to apologize for winning.?
    Mike Tomlin

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Legend

User Info Menu

Let's take the optimist's view, shall we?

We will likely be favorites in every game at Heinz this year (maybe the Ravens and Bengals games should be close to pick 'ems, because those tough division games are always close), but shouldn't we be able to beat the Titans, Bears, Bills, Lions, Dolphins, and Browns at home? Darn tootin' we should. Not saying that we will win all those games (usually, there is a loss or two in there...maybe Chicago, Detroit, or a division rival bites us at our place), but every one of those games is certainly winnable for us.

On the road, we are likely underdogs in New England, Green Bay, Baltimore, and Cincinnati...I'll give you that. All tough games. But shouldn't we be able to go in the road and beat Christian Ponder's Vikings, Mark Sanchez's Jets, Matt Flynn's Raiders, and Brandon Weeden's Browns? Heck yeah, we should.

Remember this team still has Roethlisberger, some useful weapons for him, and a defense that didn't just suddenly forget how to play overnight. With everything seemingly against us last year, we still finished .500. If we don't experience the degree of injuries that we had last season, what is stopping us from contending for the playoffs? I don't understand how someone could say that 7-9 is our CEILING for next year...that GUARANTEEING NINE LOSSES. I sure don't see 9 guaranteed losses on that schedule.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fordfixer View Post
    Well now that we have this year out of the way, who do you guy's like in next years draft???
    If 7-9 is our ceiling, then we must have a Jadeveon Clowney level floor.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fordfixer View Post
    1. C.J. Mosley LB Alabama
    2. Jordan Matthews WR Vanderbilt
    3. (comp) Philip Gaines CB Rice
    4. Arthur Lynch TE Georgia
    5. Ross Cockrell CB Duke
    5. (comp) Derrick Hopkins DT Virginia Tech
    6. Josh Mauro DE Stanford
    6. (comp) Shaquil Barrett OLB Colorado State
    7. Quincy Enunwa WR Nebraska

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    If 7-9 is our ceiling, then we must have a Jadeveon Clowney level floor.
    The Steelers are one injury away from Jadeveon Clowney, IMHO.

Pappy

1.20 - JC Latham, OT, Alabama
    2.51 - Xavier leggette, WR, South Carolina
    3.84 - Sedrick Van-Pran Granger, OC, Georgia
    3.98 - Andru Phillips, CB, Kentucky
    4.119 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount