Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Steelers ability to find CB, WR in draft could determine playoff fate

Legend

User Info Menu

Yea, I'm not sure Walter Payton could have helped in those 1st 4 games.......maybe Tennessee or Minnesota.
    2019 Mock

1. ILB
    2. CB
    3. ILB
    4. S
    5. CB
    6. ILB
    7. S

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

A lot of good points made about our shortcomings in 13 and what are needs going into the draft are. This draft though lines up very well for us at least in the first two rounds where there is depth at cb and then in round two where this years 2nd round wr's may have been 1st rounders in other years.
    Now a stud corner and a stud tall wr by itself likely doesn't bring us to Seattle's level but a pair of studs in our positions of need 1-2 would go a long way in closing that gap.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by focosteeler View Post
    If I remember right Timmons worked his way onto the field at the end of his rookie year. Help from rookie at the end could push you deeper into the playoffs.

we cant even make the playoffs
    steelers = 3 ring circus with tomlin being the head clown

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelCrazy View Post
    If 2 rookies are the difference between making the playoffs or sitting at home, we are in bigger trouble then I thought.
    We ARE in bigger trouble than you thought. Three studs in the first four rounds won't get us in the playoffs THIS year.
    Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steeler Shades View Post
    We ARE in bigger trouble than you thought. Three studs in the first four rounds won't get us in the playoffs THIS year.
    I'm curious as to why you think that? The Steelers were a bad call away from making the playoffs last year even with the horrendous start. Add to that, most experts seem to think that the Bengals and Ravens are at best no better than last year or even worse.

You could be right, but I'm curious to know why you think that the team is in such dire straits?

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steeler Shades View Post
    That's just nuts. I know you're one of the more pessimistic posters here but c'mon. The Steelers were thisclose to making the playoffs this past year. A good free-agency period so far this year and a draft with 3 studs won't get them in the playoffs? Get outta here

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
    I'm curious as to why you think that? The Steelers were a bad call away from making the playoffs last year even with the horrendous start. Add to that, most experts seem to think that the Bengals and Ravens are at best no better than last year or even worse.

You could be right, but I'm curious to know why you think that the team is in such dire straits?
    Maybe there are clues in his signature?
    1. C.J. Mosley LB Alabama
    2. Jordan Matthews WR Vanderbilt
    3. (comp) Philip Gaines CB Rice
    4. Arthur Lynch TE Georgia
    5. Ross Cockrell CB Duke
    5. (comp) Derrick Hopkins DT Virginia Tech
    6. Josh Mauro DE Stanford
    6. (comp) Shaquil Barrett OLB Colorado State
    7. Quincy Enunwa WR Nebraska

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelsnis View Post
    That's just nuts. I know you're one of the more pessimistic posters here but c'mon. The Steelers were thisclose to making the playoffs this past year. A good free-agency period so far this year and a draft with 3 studs won't get them in the playoffs? Get outta here

at this point of FA, the steelers are worse off than last year.
    there should be an improvement at starting safety.
    we are worse off at 2 Dline starting positions and starting WR
    steelers = 3 ring circus with tomlin being the head clown

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelsnis View Post
    Add to that, we get our Pro-Bowl C back with a HOF coach to teach that line. The RB squad should be stronger this year than last as well. I'm not sure if WR is better or worse off, frankly. Even if it's a little worse, it seems like they are headed in the right direction on Offense. The good news is that on both sides of the ball there were guys that were thrown into the fire last year that will probably have grown from their experience.

Legend

User Info Menu

Mock Draft 5.0:

By Bucky Brooks
    NFL Media analyst

15. Pittsburgh Steelers: Darqueze Dennard, CB, Michigan State

The Steelers need to find a replacement for Ike Taylor as the designated No. 1 corner in the lineup. Dennard is an ideal fit with his grit, toughness and ball skills

46. Pittsburgh Steelers: Deone Bucannon, S, Washington State

With Troy Polamalu nearing the end of a distinguished career, the Steelers need to groom a young, athletic safety to take his place. Bucannon is the ideal guy for the job with a strong nose for the ball and a penchant for delivering teeth-rattling shots in the hole.

[URL]http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...rron-to-texans[/URL]