Page 26 of 59 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast

Thread: Martavis Bryant could start for Steelers as a rookie

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Didn't Boyd leave this year as well? Why would a WR stay when the star QB AND star WR are leaving for the NFL?
    Maybe for a chance to be the #1 WR with a senior QB who by all indications will be a very good one? Wouldn't that give him the best chance for a higher round draft pick? By your reasoning every unproductive college WR should declare for the draft as a junior if they lose a quality QB. That's nonsense. If he is truly that good...he should realize that without Watkins the team would turn to him and he might find his way into the first round. But, he didn't which tells me much. He must have believed his stock was highest by leaving now. Why?
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

I'm talking about your theory that he left because he was scared of younger WRs..

Bryant had 13 TDs last year, seems fine to me for a 4th rounder.
    That's what I am talking about as well. I read an article citing freshman WRs pushing for his time. Don't shoot the messenger.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

I'm talking about your theory that he left because he was scared of younger WRs..

Bryant had 13 TDs last year, seems fine to me for a 4th rounder.
    Seems fine for me as well. Who is arguing that it isn't? Have you been following what I have been saying or do you just read a couple lines?
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

PS- Didn't Bryant have 7 TDs last year?
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

which makes it an EASY decision to enter the draft.

sorry Shawn but your theory has been debunked. Please find a new one.
    Every indication including the spring practices suggests the senior Stoudt to be a quality QB who owned the spring and has completed 70% of his passes with only 1 int in his previous three years. No reason to abandon ship if you are truly a talented WR.
    Trolls are people too.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    PS- Didn't Bryant have 7 TDs last year?
    Everyone says he had 13 TDs last year while Sammy Watkins had 12....i kept forgetting to comment on that (truthteller lost my interest). Bryant had 13 career TDs vs Watkins 27.

Bryant had 7 last year on 40 or so catches, which is awesome if he can recreate that as a rookie

Legend

User Info Menu

Every indication including the spring practices suggests the senior Stoudt to be a quality QB who owned the spring and has completed 70% of his passes with only 1 int in his previous three years. No reason to abandon ship if you are truly a talented WR.
    Hmm... so reports from Clemson are believable but reports from Steeler camp arent.

Interesting.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    Everyone says he had 13 TDs last year while Sammy Watkins had 12....i kept forgetting to comment on that (truthteller lost my interest). Bryant had 13 career TDs vs Watkins 27.

Bryant had 7 last year on 40 or so catches, which is awesome if he can recreate that as a rookie
    Noted... its still quality production for a #2.

Legend

User Info Menu

Hmm... so reports from Clemson are believable but reports from Steeler camp arent.

Interesting.
    When your facts are off and your comments blown up you resort to strawman? Really? Name one place I said a report was inaccurate? Bryant could be a starter...and he could be the next CEO of Pepsi. Both are true statements but neither are likely. I commented on the likelihood of Bryant starting this year...which isn't likely unless there is an injury. I also said he will prove his worth as a 4th round pick if he can prove to be a good RZ threat which honestly I think he will. Anything else?
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Maybe for a chance to be the #1 WR with a senior QB who by all indications will be a very good one? Wouldn't that give him the best chance for a higher round draft pick? By your reasoning every unproductive college WR should declare for the draft as a junior if they lose a quality QB. That's nonsense. If he is truly that good...he should realize that without Watkins the team would turn to him and he might find his way into the first round. But, he didn't which tells me much. He must have believed his stock was highest by leaving now. Why?
    Not true at all!

There could be any number of reasons why Bryant left:

1. Maybe he needed the money
    2. maybe he didn't like school
    3. maybe he thought he might go 3rd round
    4. Maybe he didn't want risk injury and miss his shot.
    5. maybe the guy behind boyd isn't very good and could hurt his draft stock.

We have no idea why he declared for the draft.