Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Even Dan Fouts criticizing D Lebeau strategy .

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    That's an excellent point. The defense needed somebody to step up and make a big play. Nothing. The Steelers blitzed, but got no pressure. Still no plays in coverage.
    I've been saying this since Denver. Everyone wants to jump on the coaches, maybe it's talent. I'm hoping Harrison and Troy can help stabilize this defense because its lousy right now.

Legend

User Info Menu

Funny, but predictable. When Arians was here it was always his fault. When LeBeau proves to put out another major failure the question is then asked "when are the players responsible and we hear about what the defense did in the past?"

Time to quit making excuses and living in the past. LeBeau is no longer aggressive and he has lost it. Our defense is predictable. He calls the defensive plays not the players and he is calling a passive game most of the time now. The signs that the defense was getting to this have been there for two years if anyone really wanted to see them.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Arians never had to work without his top two players. How would our offense have looked without Ben and Wallace? Our defense did not play well but neither did the offense.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by birtikidis View Post
    Arians never had to work without his top two players. How would our offense have looked without Ben and Wallace? Our defense did not play well but neither did the offense.
    No Arians just had to do it without a real NFL offensive line. This is not defending Arians it is just illustrating that all coaches have to go when it is clear they will never make substantive changes. Arians went and...
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    No Arians just had to do it without a real NFL offensive line. This is not defending Arians it is just illustrating that all coaches have to go when it is clear they will never make substantive changes. Arians went and...
    You're the one that brought him up. It's just my opinion but it's tough to be aggressive hen you're missing two of your best players on defense, and one of the backups barely had a preseason bc of injury (worlds). I look at the players. Where's woodley? What's with the tackling?

Legend

User Info Menu

F Fouts. He was openly rooting against the Steelers. He's another old time player who's team wasn't good or had to deal with being in the Shadow of Steelers greatness and can't past it.

As for the game - The Raiders put more up today than the first 2 games combined. The scored 13 on Miami. The Steelers D was an embarrassment today.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

And as bad as that o line was, Arians still refused to go with a full back. And he never lost a star player

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

no coach looks good when his players are getting whipped.

anybody see timmons playing today?

dude makes a lot of coin for 3 tackles a game.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    F Fouts. He was openly rooting against the Steelers. He's another old time player who's team wasn't good or had to deal with being in the Shadow of Steelers greatness and can't past it.

As for the game - The Raiders put more up today than the first 2 games combined. The scored 13 on Miami. The Steelers D was an embarrassment today.
    I thought all aspects were embarrassing. We were trying to give he game away. How many fumbles did we have? How many penalties. How many key mistakes did we have

Legend

User Info Menu

Time to quit making excuses and living in the past. LeBeau is no longer aggressive and he has lost it. Our defense is predictable. He calls the defensive plays not the players and he is calling a passive game most of the time now. The signs that the defense was getting to this have been there for two years if anyone really wanted to see them.
    He was bringing extra guys. Ultimately, somebody needs to make a play.

Ziggy Hood may be the worst pick first round draft pick the Steelers have made since Troy Edwards. He and Woodley were facing a replacement at RT and got nothing done in crunch time.